apartment demo

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
jotatsu

apartment demo

Post by jotatsu »

this is an apartment demo i've been working for a couple of weeks.

Used irrlcht 1.4 :P, irredit 1.4a for sky and stuff (mess stuff), blender for 3d model and texturing, paint shop pro - texturing, gile[s] for static ilumination and bloom shader is from TGS pack (requires OpenGL 2.1 card i think) , it can be downloaded here http://black-byte.com/wp-content/upload ... ionArq.rar (10mb). Screenshot here:

btw is just me or gile[s] exporter for my3d or loader for irrlicht are broken?, it export the lightmaps in 2-1 order (first texture lighmap, second texture).
Last edited by jotatsu on Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trunks14

Post by trunks14 »

que malo que no incluyeras el codigo fuente para compilarlo en linux :(
Not yet.
lostclimategames

Post by lostclimategames »

holy blind my eyes batman... seriously it looks nice, but the bloom is set just a tad too high.

Post by FlyingIsFun1217 »

lostclimategames wrote:seriously it looks nice, but the bloom is set just a tad too high.
I second that motion!

FlyingIsFun1217
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

you could use fxcomposer or rendermonkey to test and debug first, before placing it in your game engine. it's much easier that way, unless of course you like pain and sufferring.
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

Wow. Seen it. Nice job! The collision sphere is a little too big, but the modeling and Lighting is excellent.

BTW, I use the B3D format from Gile[s] when I export to IRRlicht. Everyting get there fine. The 2.0 Beta version even allow you to specify where witch layer is for the Lightmap.
jotatsu

Post by jotatsu »

got it, fat collisor and too bright bloom, i might code a little more later, im on "vacations" 8) . Im still learning how to use fxcomposer, so in time i will use it properly but thx for the advice
jingquan

Post by jingquan »

Great modeling. I wouldn't mind the bloom if the sun's really shining straight through the windows. However only the walls are directly lit. Perhaps you can bake a radiosity map as well to light up the rest of the place and increase realism.