YOUTUBE Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_sg8Mj3zlA (DEPRECATED)
YOUTUBE Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnZtUx6KOKI (NEW)
Screenshot: (August 2010) (DEPRECATED)
Screenshot: (August 2011) (NEW)ABOUT:
Ok, here we go, how about develop an Media Player (Like Winamp, MusicMatch Jukebox, QCD, Foobar2000, Aimp, Xmms, etc, etc) but that consumes lots of CPU resources? And this project could be indeed the world´s media player that consumes more resources...
Sounds bad, right?... Not really, its the way that we can impress our friends... and, most important, its all for our own fun !!! TARGET:
• Lets try to keep this platform independent (Windows, GNU/Linux (Ubuntu), Mac)
• Everything (code) should be clean, simple and well commented as possible (So any user could use this project for his own study, including newbies... Like me!)FEATURES:
(Some features are already done) Loads and play audio files ("wav", "aiff", "ogg", "flac", "mp3", "mod", "s3m", "it", "xm"). Will also have a jukebox mode, when it starts to play... then in the stage a character(s) (singer, singers, dancing girls, etc, etc) will dance, jump, play musical instrument(s), whatever, with lots of blinking lights and flash lights, etc... (kind of retro disco ambiance) also with random nice audience events (eg: flash lights cameras, audience clapping (when a music reaches the end), etc, etc, etc...). All these events will be random or read from an custom saved external XML file.ONLY LATER... And maybe(!?)... we could add an online mode, so a new user may join (a characther will be added in the seats, with his nickname over it) and listen our playing music (stream), and be able to chat (comment), etc... I think this isn´t been done yet in any other media player...
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★☆IRRLICHT MEDIA PLAYER - LAST UPDATE: 11 SEPTEMBER 2011 (Pre Alpha 0.9+) DOWLOAD:http://sourceforge.net/projects/irrlichtmpIMPORTANT:
To run this application, go to the "bin
" folder, then just click on the "IMP_RELEASE.exe
I need help to port this project to MAC OSX
and for GNU/LINUX
, I also loved to have a .deb file to easily install on UBUNTU
It´s all set (mostly), the project already uses GCC Compiler, 2 platform independent libraries (irrlicht + Audiere), uses only OpenGL video driver (not MS DirectX), and the project file opens with Code::Blocks (not MS Visual Basic C++). So... Anyone to help me on this? I have no time and not the right equipment to do this all, and test it, by myself. Help would be nice for future versions too. (You can just post here a downloadable link, with the compiled project and source or contact me, any option would be great). Thankyou!
• BIG THANKYOU TO "ANDARILHOS" TO GIVE 3 COMMERCIAL TRACKS FROM THEIR NEW MUSIC ALBUM,
EXCLUSIVELY FOR THIS IRRLICHT PROJECT !!! THEY ARE INCLUDED IN THE ABOVE DOWNLOAD FILE !!!
• Ok, since "IMP - Irrlicht Media Player" is the first "3D Virtual Stage Media Player" in the world... ANDARILHOS are now the first music band in the world, to perform the very first real "3D VIRTUAL CONCERT" ever... AND... We have free tickets!... How about that?
Their Website: http://www.andarilhos.com
• IMPORTANT: These download files are no more hosted in my homepage: http://sites.google.com/site/jorgerosaportfolio
(Since its now bigger than 20MB, that is the maximum file size limit that google sites allows, and the project has now more than 30MB file size)
Its only in a sort of a test phase, to see how stuff works (But I think its in the right way)REQUIREMENTS:
OpenGL installed (Update your Video Card Drivers)RESOURCES:
All current scene (stage) static objects are in ".OBJ
" format. For animation (animated meshes), I´m using ".X
" format (exported from 3D Studio Max with "panda" plugin) and ".MD3
" format (exported from 3D Studio Max with "MD3 Exporter" plugin). So, you can edit objects using any 3D Modeler that imports/exports that file formats. (eg. Blender). LICENCE:
This application is 100% free. No restritions. And even SALES of this app ARE ALLOWED IF used for any kind of charity purposes (eg: for a familly, helping children, helping poors, organizations, foundations, etc, etc). BUT please note, its not final version, still under development! And If you have any questions or doubts, please feel free to email me. (More info in the included ".txt" file) TODO, Next Priority Steps:
1) [Home] Drink a beer...
2) [Irrlicht] Add disco mirror balls (Lots of small spot lights with rotation effect in all scene, maybe a ".PNG" image(?)...). Partial done...
3) [Irrlicht] Browse for system directories (browse for music files).
4) [Audiere] Audio spectrum analyser, needed to synchronize visual effects with music beats, etc...(Most of the code for all the above features is already started or done, still any kind of help is VERY welcome!)USED TOOLS:
• A big hammer (platform independent)
• IRRLICHT (V.1.7.2) --> http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net
• AUDIERE (V.1.9.4) --> http://audiere.sourceforge.net
• SFML --> http://www.sfml-dev.org (Only testing at the moment... I´ve found lack of MP3 support... could this be bad (?) ...)
• Code::Blocks (V.10.05) --> http://www.codeblocks.org
(platform independent)(Please post/send your comments, code, ideas, screenshots, etc.)