The current version is 2.1. This post has been edited to fit the newest version.
- Loads tree designs from XML files.
- Four tree designs included: Oak, Pine, Aspen and Willow.
- Leaves are now billboards. Looks a lot better.
- Leaves can have variable vertex colors (defined in the XML file). Very effective.
- Shadows can be emulated by darkening those leaves on the side of the tree facing away from the light source.
- The automatic LOD has been revamped. The old method was not very good. Trees now have three levels of detail:
1. Full detail
2. Low detail : Radial segments reduced to 4, highest branches are cut.
3. Billboard : Tree becomes a billboard.
- Trees can be scaled and rotated without breaking (mostly the billboard leaves were problematic here). This is useful for water reflections.
- Note that wind is no longer supported. I will work on this.
I have made an effort to make it a lot more usable than last time. This means that there are only 6 files now (3 headers and 3 sources), and the LOD looks a lot better now (it used to look rather hopeless).
Download (3.11 MB) | XML Tree Design Format | shogun's IrrEdit Plugin