Tree Scene Node v2.1

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
juliusctw

Hello

Post by juliusctw »

Hello

I have only read the main, I will read the rest of the code carefully.

I see your point about turning them into billboards using a seperate class. That's something I would really like to program. Probably my next project.

sorry for asking such noob questions, I will be a noob until i am not any more. Thank for your reply.
niko
Site Admin

Re: Niko are you thinking of adding this into irrlicht

Post by niko »

juliusctw wrote:Niko are you thinking of adding this into irrlicht?
Would be very useful, right, I really would like to. But I didn't take a look at the source code of this yet, and of course I don't know if Klasker would allow it. :)
Klasker

Post by Klasker »

You are welcome to include it in the Irrlicht SDK, but I'm not sure how that would help anyone except those too lazy to look in the forum. It would also be a mess if I wanted to improve something in the tree generator (I still have a few things in mind).
Still, it's always nice to hear that you like it :wink:
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Klasker wrote:You are welcome to include it in the Irrlicht SDK, but I'm not sure how that would help anyone except those too lazy to look in the forum.
It would also be a mess if I wanted to improve something in the tree generator (I still have a few things in mind).
It wouldn't be that bad if more people get write access to (parts of) the CVS 8) And integration into the SDK seems t be mandatory for many people which come across these forums and require an all binary distribution to get something up and running.
Maybe it would be worth opening a "contribution" directory which would hold such extensions, maybe with additional examples etc.
juliusctw

Hey Klasker

Post by juliusctw »

Hey

In the last post yo said, you have more things in mind to add to the tree, this is so wonderful, i can´t imagine what more you can add to it.

waiting patiently for your next release
Havok

Post by Havok »

very nice work
KG

Post by KG »

Is there any trick to getting this to compile in Visual Studio 6? I tried to compile the included example before I tried to add it to my own project, but it gives me 19 errors and 50 warnings. I've been able to compile other Irrlicht stuff just fine.

I'm sort of a newbie, so please excuse me if there's something really simple I'm overlooking.

Edit: I'll post my errors if someone needs them to help, but I'm hoping someone else already knows how to get it to work in VS6.
Klasker

Post by Klasker »

Try downloading it again, I made a small change that fixes the problem.
Stupid microsoft overloaded the exp function with float and double :evil:
wind19

Post by wind19 »

When I build it ,there is a error:fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'irrlicht.h': No such file or directory.why? and what can I do?
wind19

Post by wind19 »

anyone help me??
stodge

Post by stodge »

wind19 wrote:anyone help me??
Have you told VS where to find the Irrlicht header?
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

No, he did not, although he got this answer in the beginner's forum already. But he might be too ignorant, or just incapable of doing it.
Klasker

Post by Klasker »

Re-animating an old thread.

It is about time updated the source to be compatible with Irrlicht 1.1. Download the new source (808 KB).
Irrlicht.dll and the .exe file are no longer included in the download.

There are no new features though.. :( I will improve it later.
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

I'm glad to here you are still working on this! :)

This is (with bitplane's grass node) a great addition to irrlicht and I'm really looking forward to use it in the near future...
YASS - Yet Another Space Shooter - www.yass-engine.de
3ddev

!!!!

Post by 3ddev »

I haven't tried the demo, but it looks really cool! Really impressive! :lol: