SUPREMACY ERRANDS - v1.6

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki

What do you think about this game ?

It's ok !
27%
It's evolving to something nice !
48%
Not that great... needs more stuff !
19%
Horrible !
6%

Total votes: 63

andrei25ni

SUPREMACY ERRANDS - v1.6

Post by andrei25ni »

>> BEFORE COMMENTING OR VOTING IN THE POLL
PLEASE GO TO THE LAST POSTS TO SEE AN ACCURATE
STATUS OF THIS PROJECT>>

CURRENT VERSION : 1.6.0

-----------------
Hello guys, I would like to pre-announce my game. It will be ready at the end of this week. It's just a demo, for now .:D

It will be a GTA type game, here is a brief description :

"THE first SUPREMACY ERRANDS DEMO ( v.1.0 ) will be released on the end of this week, probably on the 21st. This demo will feature :

-> 1st player camera movement (3rd person camera will be implemented in the future);

-> One part of the main city ( Morano Heights ), that includes : shops ( Tuff Burger, Minnie's Clothes and Shoes, COMP-Components, Tauros Auto Import-Export ), residential buildings, company buildings, houses, villas, parks, and many more);

-> 3D full environment;

-> Music, sounds (ambient and FX) ;

-> Atmospherics (daylight shadows on ground based on sun and clouds movement);

-> Simple physics laws, like gravitation, inertia. "

I have created a site for it too, wich will be ready after I release the demo :
http://supremacy.sourceforge.net/

See you in a few days.
Last edited by andrei25ni on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:24 am, edited 15 times in total.
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

sounds exciting 8)
andrei25ni

Post by andrei25ni »

Now I'm retexturing the whole world, so it would look nicer. Here's a first shot :
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

Looks nice, some things I'm curious about:

- Will I be avaible to see few more buildings/terrain in the background ?

- What physics engine do you use ?

Keep up the interesting work.
andrei25ni

Post by andrei25ni »

Thank you, dawasw.

As for the viewing of buildings in background, you can do this by changing the Draw Far Distance option (that I will now implement). I tired to keep the level as low-poly as posible, because there will be a very big map, and I'm not worying about a bad framerate on a medium computer.
Second question, I first implemented Newton as a physics engine, but things went wrong (I'm a noob with Newton), so for now there will be just the Irrlicht 'physics'.

Bye.
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

Well that sounds scary if you want to make this vehicle (on the screen) rideable... Without Newton hmm I dunno how I would try to do vehicle physics with irrlicht's build-in physics :P

I think you really should get back to newton and spend more time with it - it's worth ;) (but I personally never set up vehicle physics with newton except some fps motives)

If I remember good there were few tutorials with newton's vehicle physics.

As for draw distance - good idea, but maybe to increase frame rate you could make some zones in the world and update them even with a simple distance from 3d line.

That are only my little advices , don't get it as a 'request' or something.
andrei25ni

Post by andrei25ni »

I'm perfectly aware that I can't do anything with Irrlicht physics, so that's why this first demo won't have rideable cars :( , and implementing Newton will be the first thing on my priority list after this release.
I tried a vehicle tutorial, but it was kind of old, the versions weren't compatible.
And thanks dawasw for your advices. :D
Last edited by andrei25ni on Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

I understand it's ok. Hmm you could try to make these vehicles by some vectors moves and 'physics' calculations - but any interpolations and stuff are really a mess - so it will take time.

I can't wait to take a walk in your virtual city ;)
andrei25ni

Post by andrei25ni »

Ok. I'm back.

Two more images from the game, first one is in 800x600, second one in 1024x768 screen mode. They run with 60 and 59 fps, and I'm very glad !! :D

boboS

Post by boboS »

verry cool! Cant wait for the demo!
As your ship is going down
ll stand by and watch you drown
RapchikProgrammer

Post by RapchikProgrammer »

Look for virtual city its a good project that implemented city rendering! don pedro was going to make it open source but i think u can ask him for the source and take help from his rendering techniques, this way u can make it high poly with no decrease in fps rate! Or search for city rendering techniques and implement those it can help u a lot, u would have to make a custom scene node to implement those though! By the way u are doing a great work!
andrei25ni

Post by andrei25ni »

RapchikProgrammer...

Well I was waiting for his source code release, he said it will be soon. But thanks for the advice.
Last edited by andrei25ni on Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrei25ni

Post by andrei25ni »

I've updated the site, and I also posted the hy-res screenshots of the two screens that are posted here, if anyone's interested.

Off-topic : Yay, Irrlicht has reached version 1.0 !!
chromdragon

Post by chromdragon »

seems nice! waiting for a demo!
andrei25ni

Post by andrei25ni »

Irrlicht it's just great, I doubled my map in size and in polys, and it still gives me a nice fps on the medium settings. I now have 50-60 fps on 15 000 polyes.

And the good news : I decided to release the demo today ! So stay tuned.