new SUPA G release!!!

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

new SUPA G release!!!

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

http://www.Supa-G.com

Hey I just released a new beta version of Supa G v0.4.6. The full source code is available in the downloads section along with the full Irrlicht v0.4.1 source that I modified to use with Supa G and the playable beta version of the game. I don't think the game is very fun or very good, I'm just doing it as a small project to show off to game companies that I'm applying to. You're welcome to take the source and do whatever you want with it, just remember who you got it from. Thanks to Serg Nechaeff for the lens flare pics and the example on how to use them, and thanks to Cleves for letting me use his font, and thanks to Phunk for his example on rotating the camera around.
Last edited by [dx/x]=HUNT3R on Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
disanti

Post by disanti »

Right after the introduction, the moon dupicates and it runs as slow as a snail :(. Looks like you spend alot of time on it though ;)
________
DC MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES
Last edited by disanti on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

The moon duplicates? Weird... but yeah the intro will not run good on slower computers and/or video cards. I recommend at least a 1GHz cpu and a +64mb Geforce 2 or faster card. It has to do with the fact that there are 9 huge models of planets moving in space and the nebula cloud is I think 12 gigantic billboards in a row to give it depth. With the words scrolling too, a slower video card just cant handle it. I tried to put in a few checks for slower cards so that they will get a chance to catch up during the intro if they are running behind, but I plan to do a major rewrite of it when I get some more time.

And yes, I have spent a LOT of time on it, I seem to have lost my only other 2 programmers, and there is still a long ways to go.
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

For those who do not want to watch the demo intro or whose computers will not run it correctly, I've uploaded a new version of the SupaG v0.4.6 beta release with an Instant Action button!

Disanti, can you get a pic of the moon duplicating? Oh BTW thats Mercury not the moon, they look about the same in real life too but there are no moons in Supa G. If there were, some of the other planets would have a lot of moons and that would really slow things down...
draxd

Post by draxd »

I just wondering what did you use for making so Comix alike enemys and guins , R they handmade and then scanned ?

Post by Guest »

Yeah all the 2D art is hand drawn by Jerrod Courville; however, he's a good artist but not so good with computers so I take all his artwork on paper and scan it in, fill in all the backgrounds and along the edges with solid black, and sometimes touch up his stuff like I've had to redraw the tips of the guns on the menu screen myself on the computer. I use Paint Shop Pro 7 for the editing and I also plan to make the 3D models more cartoon-like.