Realm Magic 3D RPG Maker being ported to Irrlicht Lime

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
peteym5

Realm Magic 3D RPG Maker being ported to Irrlicht Lime

Post by peteym5 »

I am porting Realm Magic, a Role Playing/Adventure Game builder over to Irrlicht Lime. It was later renamed Imperium Magica to make a fancy Latin sounding name, but when I get done porting to Irrlicht Lime, it will once again be known as Realm Magic. The original 3D engine was Truevision 3D (5.8 to 6.5) received. It was ported between several version of Visual Basic, up to 2010 when I took a break from working on it. It uses databases to store the main game information, along with additional binary files to store map data.

If you download from Source Forge, you may need to install Truevision 3D and DirectX 8 to get it to work. I decided to release the older version that requires the older engine.

I already figured out how to set some of the things up in Irrlicht Lime, and replacing all the Truevision 3D code with Irrlicht Lime code is tedious.

I know it may look primitive and after the 3D engine is replaced, I will be doing some major upgrading.

**** I ask everyone to be patient, apparently someone at source forge taken my project down and may had suspended my account. I cannot log in. I am providing source code with this one and did not violate any of their agreements. Did not receive any emails other notification. Will not know whats going on until I do get an email from them ****
Last edited by peteym5 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
peteym5

Re: Realm Magic 3D RPG Maker being ported to Irrlicht Lime

Post by peteym5 »

https://sourceforge.net/projects/realm- ... leted=true

Let hope this one stays up longer.

So far with porting over to Irrlicht Lime, I managed to port the sections that load and make all the 3D Dungeon Scenery. Did some work with the 3D character. I am going to totally rewrite the onscreen menu system that makes editing the 3D dungeon map very easy.

When all the porting is done, I am going to move more parts of it into an engine DLL so people can make their own Visual Basic.NET and C# programs to play the game. The DLL will help organize all the game information you entered with the editor. I started that process a few years ago, but I put it aside to look into porting the whole thing to use another 3D engine.
Foaly

Post by Foaly »

Looks like it's down again; link does not work.
peteym5

Post by peteym5 »

Yes, and they locked up my account. Last time, it said there was a virus in the 7-zip file. I scanned it several times and found nothing.
peteym5

Post by peteym5 »

https://sourceforge.net/projects/imperium-magic-2010/

I finally figured out where a virus was. It was attached to one of the secondary .exe files.
It might be missing a few DLL files that are installed with visual studio 2010. I have not got around to porting to newer versions of VS, still working on porting it to irrlicht lime.