irrBullet 0.2.0

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
AReichl

Re: irrBullet 0.2.0

Post by AReichl »

Just tried gcc/MinGW under Windows. Generating project files ( for CodeBlocks ) with cmake worked, but compilation failed. IrrBullet itself could be created ( which is the most important ), but not the samples because of problems with the makefiles. I think i will create each sample project "by hand".
bkeys

Post by bkeys »

jorgerosa wrote:Great to see irrBullet alive again! Well done! :D
-I dont know if you received my sent URL, as you asked for, so I´ll post it here too. The ZIP file has all the models and code included, the CODE::BLOCKS project file is there too (all can be used freely, with no restritions at all, since all was made by me). Please download it now, since I will have to remove that file from that server as soon as possible. Download: (~13Mb) http://www.angelimoto.com/wp-content/up ... -SHARE.zip
I agree this man should be sainted, thanks to him I managed to create a vehicle and I have the code included inside the examples/ directory in irrBullet; I am glad to see the community is responding well to our maintainership!
- Brigham Keys, Esq.
bkeys

Post by bkeys »

The_Glitch wrote:Does this work for Visual Studio or just Linux.
We use CMake so ideally it should work on windows; our other project uses irrBullet a lot and we managed to get a mac build so I believe as long as you have Bullet and Irrlicht installed and built properly it should not give you any issues.
- Brigham Keys, Esq.
bkeys

Post by bkeys »

AReichl wrote:It would be nice if you also could provide the right Bullet version together with IrrBullet (other projects sometimes provide all external libraries necessary for compiling).
Even better would be to integrate it into the cmake script, so e.g. compiler settings would be consistent.
We do not include Bullet with irrBullet, this would make things overly complicated and it is best to just use the current version of Bullet and link the libraries together
AReichl wrote:Just tried gcc/MinGW under Windows. Generating project files ( for CodeBlocks ) with cmake worked, but compilation failed. IrrBullet itself could be created ( which is the most important ), but not the samples because of problems with the makefiles. I think i will create each sample project "by hand".
Yeah I made the vehicle example and did not integrate it into the build (Sorry!) other than that the other examples should be built by themselves when you compile irrBullet. If you can manage to fix this we would appreciate a pull request!

I am really glad to see the community responding well to this c:
- Brigham Keys, Esq.
AReichl

Post by AReichl »

It's not only the vecicle example, but all examples that do not compile. If i create the example projects "by hand" everything works fine. So probably it' a problem with my cmake version or my compiler or whatever ( cmake 3.4.3, gcc/MinGW 5.3.0 ). I will try to look into the cmake build scripts ( i hate cmake! ) and eventually i find something.
bkeys

Post by bkeys »

AReichl wrote:It's not only the vecicle example, but all examples that do not compile. If i create the example projects "by hand" everything works fine. So probably it' a problem with my cmake version or my compiler or whatever ( cmake 3.4.3, gcc/MinGW 5.3.0 ). I will try to look into the cmake build scripts ( i hate cmake! ) and eventually i find something.
Yeah I am not sure about windows I do not have a development environment for windows (I am a hard line Fedora user myself). But let me know what you come up with! I am excited to see such interest in the project.
- Brigham Keys, Esq.
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Has anyone got this to compile or build successfully on windows? I have tried a few times, but to no avail. I can always use Irrlicht and bullet physics separately without using a plugin like this. However it would be nice to try this out.
bkeys

Post by bkeys »

GameDude wrote:Has anyone got this to compile or build successfully on windows? I have tried a few times, but to no avail. I can always use Irrlicht and bullet physics separately without using a plugin like this. However it would be nice to try this out.
We have gotten reports of people successfully compiling irrBullet on Mac, however I am not sure about windows. If you can modify the build system to work on windows we would gladly take a pull request.
We use irrBullet in our project and (our game) plans on supporting Windows but we have not gotten around to a build for windows but when we do it looks like we will have to modify irrBullet to support Windows and at that point we will be able to support it. Sorry I could not be more helpful for yourself.
- Brigham Keys, Esq.
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Thanks for the feedback. I might try a few more times to get it to compile under Windows. For those wondering I was using Visual Studio 2015 and I am on Windows 7. Right now I am currently using Irrlicht and bullet physics separately. It would be kinda nice to use this as it can save time.
bkeys

Post by bkeys »

GameDude wrote:Thanks for the feedback. I might try a few more times to get it to compile under Windows. For those wondering I was using Visual Studio 2015 and I am on Windows 7. Right now I am currently using Irrlicht and bullet physics separately. It would be kinda nice to use this as it can save time.
I am pretty sure you are going to have to modify our build system to get it to work on windows, right now I believe it only does dynamic linking so I am not sure how it could find other copies on windows and such. But probably getting it to build as is is probably not going to work without modifications, at least until someone gets around to modifying it.
- Brigham Keys, Esq.
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

I am getting somewhat closer to building it. I got it to build, however whenever I try to run the example program, the program freezes and only shows a blank screen.
bkeys

Post by bkeys »

GameDude wrote:I am getting somewhat closer to building it. I got it to build, however whenever I try to run the example program, the program freezes and only shows a blank screen.
I have actually been working on this for the last few days so please keep me updated on this so maybe we can coordinate our efforts.
- Brigham Keys, Esq.
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

I haven't made much progress besides getting the example program to somewhat run, but just shows a blank screen. The console window is trying to accomdomdate for the size of the physics objects, but it can't seem to calculate them. I was able to compile and build irrBullet, though it did have some warnings. I used Bullet Physics 2.83 and Visual Studio 2015. I built the irrBullet under Multi-threaded MT under the Visual Studio 2015 code generation settings. I also linked irrBullet in the example project. I'm also using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
The_Glitch
Competition winner

Post by The_Glitch »

Anyone get this working for windows? I desperately need to add a physics library to my project but most wrappers on the forums are old or broken or only for Linux.
thanhle

Post by thanhle »

I think you could use the previous irrBullet.

From my previous use of the older version of irrBullet. I think version 0.1.
One of the guy show how you fix the compiling issue in on of the last few pages within a long thread.

Or maybe try to use Newton Dynamics. It physics are kind of more realistic to me.

Regards