Deferred Rendering

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki

Do you think this is usefull and needs further improvements

Yes
93%
No
No votes
I really don't care
7%

Total votes: 107

sudi

Re: Deferred Rendering

Post by sudi »

Ok can't upload it right away....it doesn't work with the current irrlicht version anymore...someone changed the ILightManager interface.
Quick question for that person. The OnPreRender(array& lightList) method still is receiving the lights. Who the gently caress changed that to ISceneNode? why hiding information which i know is there? Now i have to cast the pointers? WHY??????????????
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
sudi

Post by sudi »

Besides just checked the download links. They still work. But yeah it doesn't work with the newest irrlicht release. It worked however with irrlicht 1.7.2
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Because the interface is not required to pass down lights. So better check the type before casting.
sudi

Post by sudi »

But its only for Passung down lightbscenenodes....if its not change the documentation.
arnir
Competition winner

Post by arnir »

please, can somebody re-upload the first link? thanks
programmer is bad designer
designer is bad programmer
JunkerKun

Post by JunkerKun »

Can someone help me to run this under VS2010? I get this error:
1>Main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class irr::video::CRenderer * __cdecl createRenderer(class irr::IrrlichtDevice *,char *)" (?createRenderer@@YAPAVCRenderer@video@irr@@PAVIrrlichtDevice@3@PAD@Z)
1>C:\Users\Джесько-Ня\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\TwiE\Release\TwiE.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
And I'm pretty sure that I've listed the lib in linker.
chronologicaldot
Competition winner

Post by chronologicaldot »

@sudi - Did you ever get it fixed for irrlicht 1.8?
Otaka

Post by Otaka »

arnir wrote:please, can somebody re-upload the first link? thanks
I really want it too.
Please, Sudi,(or someone who have already downloaded sources and binaries with shaders) reupload this beautiful deferred renderer. Even if it doesn't work with new Irrlicht
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

Thread hijacking time! :D

If you want, you can try my deferred renderer, but it has no shadow mapping:

https://bitbucket.org/entity/irrrenderer

Features
-Deferred rendering
-Normal mapping
-Parallax mapping
-Post processing(some basic effects(AA, bloom, some other stufff) included)

Under Downloads, you can download the source with a C::B project and a pre-compiled example project (irrRenderer.7z)
irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!
mikkis

Post by mikkis »

Thank you so much!
Now I can forget my own wip defrend which doesnt work at all.

If this isnt related to orig writers code, you could make own thread about that?

Hopefully works with irr svn.
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

I guess I should, I just thought I'd add shadow mapping first but somehow i never got to it :D

Btw if you have any problems with it, I usually hang out in #irrlicht on Freenode
irrRenderer 1.0

mikkis

Post by mikkis »

Finally I had some time to check this out.
Created new project file with visual studio 2012 and added sources there and newest irr from svn lib.

Then in ILightManagerCustom OnPreRender(irr::core::array<irr::scene::ILightSceneNode*> &lightList) I changed ILightSceneNode -> ISceneNode.

Added PostProcessing=0; line in ILightManagerCustom::ILightManagerCustom(irr::IrrlichtDevice* device) constructor.

It compiles but lights doesnt work right. And when looking gbuffer, they are upside down.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

Looks like the irrlicht devs finally fixed the bug with upside down render textures, hence they are upside down in irrRenderer now. I guess you can either try to fix this yourself(the relevant code should be in the shaders somewhere) but I might have some time to fix this soon.
irrRenderer 1.0

ison

Post by ison »

Anyone still has Sudi's upload? Link doesn't work anymore. Anyone knows how to fix it so it would work with Irrlicht 1.8?
Entity's deferred lighting doesn't work with Irrlicht 1.8 either, no lights are rendered.
thanhle

Post by thanhle »

These looks awesome.
ent1ty and Sudi why don't you guy working together and incorporate this into Irrlicht next release?

entity, how many light does your irrenderer supports?

Thanks