Hi, This is another release of IRR RPG BUILDER:
What is RPG Builder?:
IrrRPG Builder is a simple and powerful tool designed to help people new to programming and/or players who want to create RPG games without advanced knowledge in programming languages. This tool has a simple interface that enables the creation of 3D environments very quickly. The Lua scripting language is integrated into the system and assists the creation of game logic, artificial intelligence of NPCs and enemies.
Current released version: 0.21 Alpha
- NEW: Updated IRRlicht to 1.7.3
- NEW: Reworked the interface so it mimic the wxWidget prototype we had. (This release is 100% Irrlicht)
- NEW: edit camera, based on the IRRlicht Maya Camera. Editing is much improved.
- NEW: Dynamic object highlighting improve precision when moving and placing objects on the map.
- NEW: All Characters now go to "pause" when the player look it's inventory/status window.
- NEW: Animation transitions! Animations look much better.
- NEW: File selector GUI with windows stretching, drive widget and favorite folders
- NEW: New scripts (Potion vendor, etc.)
- NEW: New example projects (IGDA Demo, big map example etc.)
- Update: Updated the script editor with the version from the IRRext repository
- Update: Restructuration of the project folders so it's easier to edit
- Update: The game camera is now following the player and not directly attached to it. Better feeling of movement now.
- Update: Linux project can build the editor and the player (Release and Debug version)
- Fix: Animation events are properly detected (were missing a lot of event before the fix). Animation is much improved now.
- Fix: Water and terrain shaders have been checked to compile on recent ATI, NVIDIA & INTEL hardware (Intel has clipping issue due to a problematic driver)
- Fix: Animation jitter from player when going from walk to run animation
- Fix: Uppercase/Lowercase typos in filenames for the Linux build
- Fix: Check the for death animation, then if the "despawn" animation is not present, dispose of the character properly.
- Fix: Healthbar was displayed for a split second when the character was put on the map.
- Removed: Removed some old meshes and textures that were no longer needed (have already been replaced with better assets)
In this version, we created Linux type archives (tar.gz) and windows (.zip) separate. So it should be easier to try it out on each platforms.
I'll update this thread as the project progress advance.
Check for details on the web site: