I tried the same code under Windows XP but the problem still stands.
Let me tell everything from scratch. Maybe you find something in my process:
1) I download irrlicht-1.7.2 and just extract it into C:
2) I download ode-0.11.1 and after making vs2008 solution using "premake4 vs2008", I just build the solution and in result the ode_doubled.lib is made within DebugDoubleDLL folder.
3) I download irrode.tar.gz and extract it and then I run IrrOde.sln inside vc2008 folder. In response libIrrOde.lib is made.
4) I just make an empty win32 console project, then copy the content of the main.cpp within C:\irrode\source\helloOdeWorld folder into my main.cpp. Then I change the Additional Include Directories and Additional Library Directories and Additional Dependencies to appropriate folder names and file names.
5) When I compile the solution, there is no error, when I want to run it, it ends suddenly. I can see "no world!" message on the black DOS display. This happens both on Windows 7 and Windows xp.
I don't know which part I am doing wrong. There is hint from ODE website under (), it says:
"Add one of the preprocessor symbols dSINGLE (single precision) or dDOUBLE (double precision), depending on how ODE was configured. If none is defined, single precision is assumed; if the wrong precision is enabled all floating-point data going in and out of ODE will be corrupt, producing all kinds of errors."
Is this library ode_doubled.lib means I should add dDOUBLE preprocessor? And if yes how should I do that?
Why both in your tutorial and ODE wiki, ode_singled.lib is mentioned, but in my case I have just ode_doubled.lib? Is there any way I can make single version instead of double version?
In page 30 of your posts, Sky-Fox answered this:
"Thank you very much. Problem solved!
I recompile my ODE. (ode_single.dll)"
It seems he had such a same problem, but I couldn't trace it.
You told me it is better to send the code to you, I am just using your code, so I think it doesn't need to share any piece of code.