Screenshot of the Month July 2010 [Winner announced!]

Competitions for Irrlicht or 3D in general.
Irrlicht Screenshot of the Month: Winner for January, vote for February, submit for March

Best screenshot for July 2010

Poll ended at Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:58 pm

andrei25ni - Explosive barrels
5%
stefbuet - Per pixel phong lighting
3%
Nova - Lava Factory
61%
Mel - ZoomBlur
3%
terier - The Hallway
18%
strong99 - The Island: Balance remake screenshot
11%
lazerblade - cyberShock
No votes

Total votes: 38

hybrid
Admin

Screenshot of the Month July 2010 [Winner announced!]

Post by hybrid »

Here's the final result: Nova made a clear win with his super shot "Lava Factory". Congratulations :!:

andrei25ni - Explosive barrels

stefbuet - Per pixel phong lighting

Nova - Lava Factory

Mel - ZoomBlur

terier - The Hallway

strong99 - The Island: Balance remake screenshot

lazerblade - cyberShock

Old: I give a slight extension for this deadlinefor submission, as we only have a few screenshots so far. Please submit until end of July. Voting etc. will start right after that deadline.

Ok, trying to get into the usual time schedule again. Please submit here for best screenshot for July 2010. You can submit until July 15th. Voting should start soon after that date. As laways, you can only submit Irrlicht renderings. Please give your image a good name, make sure it is available at least until end of July, and give us also some information about the project/scene etc.
Last edited by hybrid on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
andrei25ni

Post by andrei25ni »

Title: Explosive barrels
Project: Supremacy Errands

hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Hey, great to see some new shots from Supremacy Errands :D
Adler1337

Post by Adler1337 »

Looks good. I really like the sky. Did you make it yourself or did you find it online somewhere?
multum in parvo
stefbuet
Competition winner

Post by stefbuet »

Here is my second try at screenshot contest :

Per pixel phong lighting with normal mapping and specular mapping, rendered multipass allowing infinite number of lights, and soft shadows thanks to XEffect I've integrated with my shaders.

Thanks to everybody who helped me on the forums! :D

sudi

Post by sudi »

looks awesome stefbuet. are you planning on releasing the code? would love to take a look at the shaders.
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
stefbuet
Competition winner

Post by stefbuet »

I'll post it, but there is still much to do, like hybrid per vertex/per pixel lighting, switch to full per vertex lighting, change shadow / lighting quality, enable or not shadows, remove lights on the fly, and a lot more :)
I hope I'll finish this before friday.
As this kind of lighting is pretty slow (80 fps with geforce 260gtx / 3 point light with soft shadows) my goal is to produce something which will be able to handle little PC configuration as high one, adjusted by the user in game options.
Edit : I have to precise that it'll be only in GLSL (OpenGL mode) because I'm developping it for my game which is running under OGL. However only shaders should be translated so I guess it would be easy to D3D users to use my lighting Manager...
Nova
Competition winner

Post by Nova »

Title: Lava Factory
Project: 9084 - Red Robot Inc.

This is a fourth semester project using Irrlicht as 3d engine, Havok for physics and IrrKlang for audio. It was supposed to be a game (or animation) that only works in stereoscopic 3d, but since we knew nothing about stereo 3d at the beginning of the semester, when we had to submit the design document, it's pretty much a regular 3d jump n' run with stereo added on top. It also uses a wiimote for aiming the cursor and another wiimote to use headtracking as presented by Johnny Lee. Just some gimmicks to make our professors happy even though the game does not require 3d stereo (makes it easier to share though) :-)

We presented the game yesterday but will continue polishing for a little while so it can be released to the public.

I hope you like it.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Wow, sorry for the other submitters, but I guess my vote is already given :P Anyway, let's wait for wing64 to reply to this awesome screenshot. Really looking forward for a demo or at least a video. Congrats so far, Nova (of course not for winning the compo already, just for the really nice screenshot :wink: )
stefbuet
Competition winner

Post by stefbuet »

I guess I wont vote for my own screenshot :shock:
Really nice :)
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

I demand a project announcement Nova.
PI

Re:

Post by PI »

Great screenshot, Nova! I'll definately vote for this. Reminds me Beyond Good and Evil :) Please share the project with us when you've finished, the Irrlicht community needs such decent projects! Thanks! :)
Nova
Competition winner

Post by Nova »

Thank you very much everybody, I am glad you like it :-)
I will prepare some more screenshots and perhaps a video over the next few days and properly introduce this project. Just have to wrap up the semester first. I am looking forward to get some good, constructive feedback. (our profs are not really very qualified to do so *g*)
PI

Post by PI »

Yeah, Nova, keep it coming! :D
slavik262

Post by slavik262 »

Lonesome Ducky wrote:I demand a project announcement Nova.
Some people like to be all ninja about their products and not announce them until they have a lot to show. :P

Nova, that's looking awesome.