Tree Scene Node v2.1

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

lst output

1) envronment: vs2008, vista
2) irrlicht: 1.4.1

Code: Select all

cbillboardgroupscenenode.cpp(88) :error C2027: use of undefined type 'irr::scene::ISceneManager'

cbillboardgroupscenenode.cpp(88) : error C2227: left of '->registerNodeForRendering' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

cbillboardgroupscenenode.cpp(96) : error C2027: use of undefined type 'irr::scene::ISceneManager'

cbillboardgroupscenenode.cpp(96) : error C2227: left of '->getVideoDriver' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

cbillboardgroupscenenode.cpp(164) : error C2027: use of undefined type 'irr::scene::ISceneManager'

cbillboardgroupscenenode.cpp(164) : error C2227: left of '->getActiveCamera' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
stevend

Post by stevend »

yeah, also have the above issue :cry:
jotatsu

Post by jotatsu »

I updated some stuff (the texture from array access to function access) and looks like some members became private so i keep track of the pointer in the lower class. Im still stucked at some error =/

1>   Creating library Debug/exampleSceneNodePlugin.lib and object Debug/exampleSceneNodePlugin.exp
1>klaskertreeSceneNodeFactory.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual unsigned int __thiscall irr::scene::ISceneNodeFactory::getCreatableSceneNodeTypeCount(void)" (?getCreatableSceneNodeTypeCount@ISceneNodeFactory@scene@irr@@UAEIXZ)
1>klaskertreeSceneNodeFactory.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual enum irr::scene::ESCENE_NODE_TYPE __thiscall irr::scene::ISceneNodeFactory::getCreateableSceneNodeType(unsigned int)" (?getCreateableSceneNodeType@ISceneNodeFactory@scene@irr@@UAE?AW4ESCENE_NODE_TYPE@23@I@Z)
1>klaskertreeSceneNodeFactory.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual char const * __thiscall irr::scene::ISceneNodeFactory::getCreateableSceneNodeTypeName(enum irr::scene::ESCENE_NODE_TYPE)" (?getCreateableSceneNodeTypeName@ISceneNodeFactory@scene@irr@@UAEPBDW4ESCENE_NODE_TYPE@23@@Z)
1>klaskertreeSceneNodeFactory.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual char const * __thiscall irr::scene::ISceneNodeFactory::getCreateableSceneNodeTypeName(unsigned int)" (?getCreateableSceneNodeTypeName@ISceneNodeFactory@scene@irr@@UAEPBDI@Z)
1>../../../plugins/TreePlugin.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
This is the code is some1 want to see and get me a hand.
http://file.black-byte.com/TreePlugin.rar
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

i simply commented out CBillboardGroupSceneNode from CTreeNode and main.cpp and it's working now.

this will work for me while i continue developing the demo.

i'm hoping someone can fix the errors soon.

thanks.
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

turns out this code doesn't work.

tree->setScale(core::vector3df(50.0f, 50.0f, 50.0f));
it needs a custom setScale() method for it to work.
FlowPX2

Post by FlowPX2 »

The same ^^ Irrlicht 1.4.1 with treenode Version 2.1c

cbillboardgroupscenenode.cpp(88) :error C2027: use of undefined type 'irr::scene::ISceneManager'

cbillboardgroupscenenode.cpp(88) : error C2227: left of '->registerNodeForRendering' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

cbillboardgroupscenenode.cpp(96) : error C2027: use of undefined type 'irr::scene::ISceneManager'

cbillboardgroupscenenode.cpp(96) : error C2227: left of '->getVideoDriver' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

cbillboardgroupscenenode.cpp(164) : error C2027: use of undefined type 'irr::scene::ISceneManager'

cbillboardgroupscenenode.cpp(164) : error C2227: left of '->getActiveCamera' must point to class/struct/union/generic type 
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

You seem to have problems with namespaces or includes.
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

hybrid wrote:You seem to have problems with namespaces or includes.
thanks hybrid, i'll look into that. this bug has been eluding me for many days now as i can't seem to get a good handle on this problem. perhaps i'm not that too good at c++.

SceneManager is protected and Intellisense can see that, in fact, it can trace SceneManager back to ISceneManager.

I'll just keep scratching my head on this one.
gogo

Hi, klasker

Post by gogo »

Will you enable your tree nodes to cast shadows --CTreeScenNodes shall be added by ShadowVolumeSceneNode?
sio2
Competition winner

Post by sio2 »

dlangdev wrote:
hybrid wrote:You seem to have problems with namespaces or includes.
thanks hybrid, i'll look into that. this bug has been eluding me for many days now as i can't seem to get a good handle on this problem. perhaps i'm not that too good at c++.

SceneManager is protected and Intellisense can see that, in fact, it can trace SceneManager back to ISceneManager.

I'll just keep scratching my head on this one.
This took me 30 seconds to fix for my setup. The compiled exe runs just fine (VS2008, Irrlicht 1.4.1).

Just add

#include <ISceneManager.h>
to the include list in CBillboardGroupSceneNode.cpp.

Change the C++ include and lib folders to your compiled Irrlicht installation and away you go...
Sollos

Post by Sollos »

EDIT: Fixed. Sorry.
Last edited by Sollos on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
master_zion

irrEdit-1.4.2

Post by master_zion »

works on irrEdit-1.4.2?
shogun wrote:Hi,

I created an irrEdit plugin out of your Tree Scene Node (sorry, if this has been done before - I couldn't find it). Download.

In IrrEdit 0.7.1:

In Irrlicht 1.4beta:

As you can see, the trees look different, in spite of being the same one, with the same seed. I probably will investigate this.

----

Update: The plugin now works with irrEdit 1.4alpha. The seeds are now correct when importing the trees into irrlicht.
joqus

This problem

Post by joqus »

You must include this line at the CbillboardGroupSceneNode.h:

"include irrlicht.h"

it's all you need to compile and run the example,
i think the developer should solve this bug!!!
pera

Post by pera »

Im about to implement this class to my level editor, but i wonder can you save these trees to irr scene file? They are procedurally generated, so is there a mesh being created, how is scene recreated with them?
pera

Post by pera »

like i thougth, its not saved well.
only "unknown node" error when try to reload irr scene.

its great to have procedural trees on the map, but shame you cant save it.