Tree Scene Node v2.1

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Vsk

Post by Vsk »

doqkhanh wrote::( Anyone has HLSL for leafnode?
Please help me !
I need too the HLSL version. Could anyone plaese (like blindside :-P) make hlsl verision, it would just take a minute for someone which understand gls. and hlsl.

Thanks in advance.
Vsk

Post by Vsk »

Hey, there is some strange Issue.
If I use it in Direct 9 more than dont fucntion the shader, for some reason the oak is the only one that its leaf aren black.
What is differente about it of the rest?

Thanks.
Vsk

Post by Vsk »

I have problem with the plugin and some doubts.

Doubts:

When using inside irredit, should not the material and textures set by default for each kind of trees? I mading this by hand inside irredit.

Problems

I have registered the factory with the code that say in the archive and then load the scene and however the same messasge appear:

"Could not create node for unknown type..klaster..."

What is the problem?

Thanks.
Darktib

Post by Darktib »

If you use DX you don't need a shader...
shogun

Post by shogun »

Vsk wrote:I have problem with the plugin and some doubts.

Doubts:

When using inside irredit, should not the material and textures set by default for each kind of trees? I mading this by hand inside irredit.
No. The Plugin only loads the .xml-files, and those don't have the material/texture definitions inside. Feel free to extend the fileformat and the plugin ...
Problems

I have registered the factory with the code that say in the archive and then load the scene and however the same messasge appear:

"Could not create node for unknown type..klaster..."

What is the problem?
I don't know. Are you really registering the factory BEFORE you load the scene? Show some code!
doqkhanh

Post by doqkhanh »

Darktib wrote:If you use DX you don't need a shader...
But very very low...

I cannot load these tree in a irr file too.
Vsk

Post by Vsk »

doqkhanh wrote:
But very very low...

I cannot load these tree in a irr file too.
But then I don't understand it, because I have seen the code, it makes no diference between direct X and open gl in the part tha invoce the shader.

Even more, i have to commente the material type and asign emt-vertexTrans-something insted of the calling to the shader program because it doesn' work.. in directx.

As abou the code, as I told, it soupous to only need this:

Code: Select all

CKlaskerTreeSceneNodeFactory* factory2 = new CKlaskerTreeSceneNodeFactory(smgr, device);
	smgr->registerSceneNodeFactory(factory2);
	factory2->drop();
Before this:
smgr->loadScene("escena.irr");

I compiles no problems at all, but can not load the "unknwon trees".
shogun

Post by shogun »

Vsk wrote:As abou the code, as I told, it soupous to only need this:

CKlaskerTreeSceneNodeFactory* factory2 = new CKlaskerTreeSceneNodeFactory(smgr, device);
	smgr->registerSceneNodeFactory(factory2);
	factory2->drop();
Before this:
smgr->loadScene("escena.irr");

I compiles no problems at all, but can not load the "unknwon trees".
Hmm, are your .xml files in the right folder? IIRC, you need to have a "klasker"-folder where your working directory ist.
Darktib

Post by Darktib »

But very very low...
For me it works better under DX^^
mhack

Why do STreeMesh and CTreeGenerator inherit from IUknown?

Post by mhack »

I've been checking out the tree generator extension and really appreciate this contribution from klasker. I compiled the Trees.zip file from http://www.wc3jass.com/files/Trees.zip without too much trouble in Cygwin.

But then I decided to get the latest from the IrrExt project subversion repository and the compile fails because of some changes in STreeMesh and CTreeGenerator, which now inherit from IUnknown instead of IReferenceCounted. I'm curious why you made those changes. I don't see any definition for IUknown in the Irrlicht include directory and so assume that it will only work for Microsoft-specific compilers.

Wouldn't it be better to do it the previous way, which presumably is more portable?
Klasker

Re: Why do STreeMesh and CTreeGenerator inherit from IUknown

Post by Klasker »

mhack wrote:I've been checking out the tree generator extension and really appreciate this contribution from klasker. I compiled the Trees.zip file from http://www.wc3jass.com/files/Trees.zip without too much trouble in Cygwin.

But then I decided to get the latest from the IrrExt project subversion repository and the compile fails because of some changes in STreeMesh and CTreeGenerator, which now inherit from IUnknown instead of IReferenceCounted. I'm curious why you made those changes. I don't see any definition for IUknown in the Irrlicht include directory and so assume that it will only work for Microsoft-specific compilers.

Wouldn't it be better to do it the previous way, which presumably is more portable?
Sounds like IrrExt has an old version of the tree generator. IUnknown is what IReferenceCounted was called in older versions of Irrlicht.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

It says version 2.1a. Don't know when it was added, as it has been in the google code repository before IIRC.
mhack

Post by mhack »

Klasker wrote: Sounds like IrrExt has an old version of the tree generator. IUnknown is what IReferenceCounted was called in older versions of Irrlicht.
hybrid wrote:It says version 2.1a. Don't know when it was added, as it has been in the google code repository before IIRC.
Thanks, that explains it. The version on http://www.wc3jass.com/ is version 2.1c, so I will assume that is the most recent.
jotatsu

Post by jotatsu »

Im trying to use the shogun's plugin with irredit 1.41, get the msg

KlaskerTree - FOUND FILE: aspen.xml!
KlaskerTree - FOUND FILE: oak.xml!
KlaskerTree - FOUND FILE: pine.xml!
KlaskerTree - FOUND FILE: willow.xml!
Loaded plugin: plugins\klaskerTreesPlugin.dll
But there is no option to add the tree node in the menus or bar. I have the xml in the klasker directory, the bmp icons in the resources folder and well plugin is in proper folder too. Any idea of what could be?
doqkhanh

Post by doqkhanh »

Hi there, you are using extension with irrEdit in last version, with Irrlicht 1.4. The current version of irrEdit using Irrlitch 1.4.1 and it not work right now with an out-of-date plugin. You can simply re-build the plug in. The source has posted in one of last post in this topic.