Help With Quake 3 Map please

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.

Help With Quake 3 Map please

Post by Guest »

does anyone have any tips? i have made a Quake 3 Map and am having trouble putting it into irrlicht.
Electron

Post by Electron »

could you describe your exact problem? Does Irrlicht not load the map? does Irrlicht say it loads the map but nothing appears? are textures missing?

Post by Guest »

When I try to compile it and run it in Dev C++ It immediatley closes after it opens. I have checked over and over. My coding is just like the tutorial.
Electron

Post by Electron »

Try your debugger and see which line it closes on. By the way, you aren't trying to use WinMain are you? Irrlicht projects compiled with Dev-cpp do not seem to run if WinMain is used.
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

If you got MSVC++, make use of the debugger when it crashes. It always runs when you got it installed and as long as you switch to windowed mode rather than full screen you will get the option to run the debugger when it crashes. It'll take it right to the line that is causing the problems. When you get used to it then it becomes invaluble, it saved many a screw up by me :)