Casual game using Irrlicht

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
IPv6

Casual game using Irrlicht

Post by IPv6 »

Hello!

Decided to ask your opinions about my first game which i just finished to translate into English(originally written in Russian) :) This is 2d magic-match-like (but with several new twists) game about saving fairies of the Magic valley :)
Anyway there are screenshots (from untranslated version, just to give impression)
http://game.wiredplane.com/amulet/data/screenshot1.jpg
http://game.wiredplane.com/amulet/data/screenshot2.jpg
http://game.wiredplane.com/amulet/data/screenshot3.jpg

And here is the game (English version, Windows only, 16Mb)
http://www.storewith.com/filedownload.a ... 6baba9f8bc

Please, write your opinions! Especially about English translation itself and overall impression. i know that game is not perfect, but hope it is fun enough already. I`m already talking with several publishers about pushing it on portals (and signed similar contracts to push it on russian portals already). I`m curious - am i the first how did casual (may be even casual+commersial :lol: ) game using Irrlicht? or i am a pioneer in this field? :lol: just asking!

P.S. if anyone interested, i can provide free key to the game (it is fully packed with time-trial protection for now). just PM me
JP

Post by JP »

There have certainly been casual games before, not sure if i've seen one like this one though. But certainly none of the ones i've seen have been quite as pretty! Well done! Just downloading it to try it out :)
Image Image Image
krama757

Post by krama757 »

IPV, this game looks as if it were done by a commercial game design company. If you did indeed make this, I am extremely impressed!

Not only did you manage to program it, you also managed to include some very nice effects and images to make it look extremely professional. Thus if you did indeed make this I applaud you!
Masterhawk

Post by Masterhawk »

Wow, this graphics look quite awesome....very impressive...
And it's a lot of fun to play it....

Did you make the gfx all by your own?

And yes, i'm very interested in a free key...

FREE THE FAIRIES!!!! ;)
JRowe47

Post by JRowe47 »

I'm impressed. :D
Чудесная игра!
Это был перевод Babelfish, поэтому если я как раз сказал что-то о нижнем белье повелительниц, то пожалуйста прощает мне. Безупречнаяа работа!
JP

Post by JP »

It's very nicely done indeed! I like the use of a story line rather than an endless stream of random levels. It's like an RPG sort of game but less long winded! :lol:
Image Image Image
IPv6

Post by IPv6 »

Thanks for answers! :)
Of course art was drawn by my friend, music - by another friend of mine. i did programming (Irrlicht forever! :) ), gamedesign (story, rules, etc), sound effects, visual effects, some parts of graphic too (for example gems and some other parts of art are rendered in PovRay - powerfull open-source renderer with procedural scene description), overall coordination. I really wish i could draw artistical pictures by myself, but i can`t :(

P.S. if someone find any mistyping or error, please - send me a message! Short, quick - just to let me know :)
Masterhawk

Post by Masterhawk »

IPv6 wrote:[...]I really wish i could draw artistical pictures by myself, but i can`t :([...]
Me, too! :?
Cardinal4

Post by Cardinal4 »

wow that was really astounding art, quite professionally designed. You've got a really good gfx artist on your team, lucky. Excellent game, it is.
Sketches of a rambling mind
Still a long way on learning Irrlicht...
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

Yup, wonderful little thing. I'd really want a key to. If I make a suggestion, maybe allow a player to keep trying even if he has reached a certain point, by letting him create other accounts. If not, you limit seriously the time any single computer can play the game and if you've failed convincing, well you're trapped. Better keep showing the same stuff ;)
Revan1985

Post by Revan1985 »

phew, it's stupend ^^

nice work

and, translated in italian -> l'anima dell'immortacci, che figata ^^
CPU: AMD PHENOMII X6 1090T BE 3,2GHZ
RAM : OCZ 8GB 2*4GB DDR3 LOW VOLTAGE 1333
VGA: GeForce GTX680 2GB
HD : 500GB + 500GB + 2x1TB Raid Edition + 500GB External
Motherboard: ASUS CROSSHAIR FORMULA 4 890FX AM3
PSU: Corsair 750W
CPU Cooling: Katana 2
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Omg its beautiful! Its surprising that you used Irrlicht for 2D (But yeah Irrlicht forever!! :lol: )

EDIT: Oh you are selling it.. good luck then :D
xDan
Competition winner

Post by xDan »

I saw that on indiegamer. Didn't guess it was irrlicht! Very pretty :) , but the link doesn't work for me (I click on "download" and get a blank screen) :(
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

I like the gameplay very much. The gfx are wonderful, although I guess my daugthers will love it more than me :wink:
The mouse event recognition and handling is pretty impressive. Very nice feedback from the game, almost instantaneously. That makes it much more intuitive to play.
I noticed a problem with one text which ran over the right border, level 5 or somewhere around.
Don't forget to add a link into the Irrlicht Wiki list on games using Irrlicht. And also send Niko a mail telling him to announce it on the Irrlicht front page and on the project page.
logosman

Post by logosman »

Молоток!!!
Саму гаму не качал, но скрины классные. Здорого получилось. Мне бы такого дизайнЁра.

Респект :)
-=dura lex sed lex=-