TGMs Shader Package[C++/GLSL]

Post those lines of code you feel like sharing or find what you require for your project here; or simply use them as tutorials.
TheGameMaker

TGMs Shader Package[C++/GLSL]

Post by TheGameMaker »

Hi,
After messing around with shaders a little bit, I think, i gonna release the results.
This are mainly Post Process Effects, but there is even a Goodlooking Lava Shader, and some WorkInProgress Stealth Shader(looks cool, but unforunably even if there should be a wall or stuff in the way^^)..
In the zip there are precompiled Demos and the source for every effect.
Furthermore there are main cpps, which show how to use the shaders(commented.. a little bit :lol:).
Ok a List of the shaders:
Blur
Radial Blur
Motion Blur
Bloom
Inverting
Coloring/Saturation

Lava

stealth(WIP)

and now a few Images:
Lava:
Stealth:
Blur:
Radial Blur:
Motion Blur:
Bloom:
Invert:
and coloring and saturation

Hope you like the Shaders! Here´s the Link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/28934132/TG ... k.rar.html

greetz TGM
Last edited by TheGameMaker on Mon May 07, 2007 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

Whoa... awesome! :o
Last edited by Virion on Wed May 02, 2007 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
jingquan

Post by jingquan »

Awww, great stuff. Can someone reupload not to rapidshare plz, having lots of trouble with that host...

Thanks!
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

Hosted at FileFront:
http://files.filefront.com/TGMs_ShaderP ... einfo.html

Long time no login into my filefront account lol. By the way I found my speedtree setup in my filefront account... almost forget about it. Anyone who need it can download from my account. :D
TheGameMaker

Post by TheGameMaker »

yeah. Thx for uploading it!
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

TheGameMaker wrote:yeah. Thx for uploading it!
No problem. :wink:

Anyway, I like all the shaders very much especially "coloring and saturation". It can make the scene looks more realistic. :D Well, looking forward to your stealth shader. :D Keep it up!
TheGameMaker

Post by TheGameMaker »

Anyway, I like all the shaders very much especially "coloring and saturation". It can make the scene looks more realistic. Very Happy Well, looking forward to your stealth shader.

yeah.. some slightly coloration makes a scene look much more realisitc...
the stealthshader... thats aproblem.. since Irrlich won´t allow me to access the depthbuffer of the first RT nor access to the alphachanel I would have to render the whole scenen twice...
Anteater

Post by Anteater »

Cool! What's the license for these shaders?
TheGameMaker

Post by TheGameMaker »

do with it, what you want! its total free!
(but would be nice, if you say that you used my shaders :wink: ) but not necessary
noreg

Post by noreg »

Shaders are always good. Lavashader only shows a black screen on my Radeon 9800. It worked after i put it in my own framework. How comes?
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

Yo those shaders are sick man. I wish I was good at shaders. Also that stealth shader looks like Halo! Great shaders keep up the good work :shock:
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
sio2
Competition winner

Post by sio2 »

In "PostProcessInvert.h" (and a few others) you have vertToonShader and fragToonShader as your shader names. Coincidently those are the names I used for my shaders in my ToonShader demo. Very curious. :P
JPulham

Post by JPulham »

THEY LOOK GREAT! :shock: Just what I need for my game.

Can't wait for the stealth shader to be finished :D

you said that the stealth effect appears through walls, maybe you could use stencil buffer? or copy the zbuffer and apply only to 'equal' depths on the model. This is just a few ideas. I don't know much about shaders.
pushpork
TheGameMaker

Post by TheGameMaker »

In "PostProcessInvert.h" (and a few others) you have vertToonShader and fragToonShader as your shader names. Coincidently those are the names I used for my shaders in my ToonShader demo. Very curious. Razz
yeah.. thats right! Ive read your tut, and copied the material loading^^
(i think, thats no problem, right??)

@JPulham.. that would be the best solution but unfortunably irrlicht onn´t let me do this..
sio2
Competition winner

Post by sio2 »

TheGameMaker wrote:
In "PostProcessInvert.h" (and a few others) you have vertToonShader and fragToonShader as your shader names. Coincidently those are the names I used for my shaders in my ToonShader demo. Very curious. Razz
yeah.. thats right! Ive read your tut, and copied the material loading^^
(i think, thats no problem, right??)
It's not a major problem but I always try and credit stuff I've used. I may inadvertently miss some things from time-to-time but at least I try.

One of the worst offenders was a guy who copied mine & DeusXL's code from the snippets section and passed it off as his own. I replied with something along the lines of that it seemed familiar and he deleted the whole topic and vanished - caught red-handed, I think.