Need help on Tutorial 3

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
luismesas

Need help on Tutorial 3

Post by luismesas »

I'm trying to follow tutorial 3 using C# with .Net 2.0

anyone knows how to translate Constructor declaration to C# code?

Thanks
luismesas

Post by luismesas »

It seems that is not possible to do a custom scene node with current version of .Net wrapper.

Am I Wrong?
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Right, it's not possible yet. sorry.
Soykaf

Post by Soykaf »

Hmm...and I thought I was too stupid to inherit...well...

Will this be fixed some day? Or maybe soon? I'm currently trying to translate all the tutorials to C# and would like to translate this one, too...

Greets - Soykaf
There are only 10 kinds of people: Those who understand binary and those, who don't...
buhatkj

Custom scenenodes

Post by buhatkj »

yeh I started to try and port my OpenAL scene node to .NET, but I found that I couldn't get the constructors to work right.
I'd say this is a pretty high priority, since customnodes are the primary method of extending the base functionality of the engine. I think all that is necessary is to add a "new" constructor to the .NET version of ISceneNode, but I'm not sure if that would break any other bits of the interface or what the cumulative effect of that would be.
Actually there is prolly a lot of methods we would need to add, to register for rendering and so forth too...
My irrlicht-based projects have gone underground for now, but if you want, check out my webcomic instead! http://brokenboomerang.net
zangetsu

Post by zangetsu »

This is just a reply to bring this back to the top of the pile, and ask if any progress has been made on it?

I'm in the process of translating all the tutorials into Vb.Net and I came across this problem myself.
VinZ

Custom scene node

Post by VinZ »

Hi, i'm looking to create custom scene node in Visual studio 2005 C#. If any one tryied please help me.

thanks in advance.
Delight

Post by Delight »

It's not possible with Irrlicht.Net as far as I know. Take a look at IrrlichtNETCP - it's a wrapper which has CustomSceneNode support. In the Sdk is also an example
dejai

Post by dejai »

Hmm, thats annoying I used to use .NET but now I have changed to C++ dev
Programming Blog: http://www.uberwolf.com