Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
AzraeL

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Post by AzraeL »

I have tried to use irrlicht.net for some time now... but I’ am always have the same problem! I’ am able to compile but not able to run the programs I compile.

But the problem is: I’am not even able to rum the compiled example HelloWorld_CSharp.exe.

I have the Irrlicht.dll and Irrlicht.NET.dll in the application folder, I have tried to put them in Windows\System32 with the same result. If I compile the example, basically I have the same problem.

The exception thrown at me is: Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Impossível localizar o mód
ulo especificado. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at _01.HelloWorld.Example.Main(String[] args)

“The Portuguese part translates to: impossible to locate the specified module”

It doesn’t say anything about the name of the module or dll not found…
I’ am using the 2.0 .net framework that was installed with vs2005 express edition

Is anyone using vs2005 express with irrlicht.net?
Can anyone help me?
Maybe if I install the v1.1 of the .net framework (I had some problems with crystal reports “compiled” with vs2003 running with v2.0 that where fixed installing v1.1 but that is just another type of problem)

Thanks
AzraeL

Post by AzraeL »

I’ve tried the same at work where I have vs2003 and v1.1 of the framework installed and the example run ok “out of the box”… Tonight I will install v1.1 of the framework at home and see how it behaves…

The Dlls are compiled with what version? With runtime are they expecting? Maybe the v.1.1 that is installed with the 2.0 setup for backward compatibility has some difference…

I will try it… and if I have a solution to the problem I will answer to my post with the solution…

Pedro
AzraeL

Post by AzraeL »

I've installed the v1.1... ok 1 thing is ok: The example works... Didn't change anything...

But i'am not able to run programs compiled be me! it compiles ok... same error at runtime!!! grrrrr :?

I've copied the dll to the bin/Debug bin/Release obj /Windows/System32 and with the same result!

Need Some HELP!
Can anyone compile a version of irrlicht with vs2005... i'cant because i dont have the platform SDK to use the required header files in vcpp 2005 express
InezDias

Post by InezDias »

Sorry no help but I'm having the same problem. Installing 1.1 fixed the compiled samples but not what I compile myself. Have the Irrlicht and Irrlicht.Net DLLs in all imaginalble locations.
I don't know how compiling Irrlicht with VS2005 will help with this but the Platform SDK can be downloaded for VC++ Express (I think the Start Page even has a link to it.)

Edit:
Ah I see it's to get a .Net 2.0 version. Appearently this has been done, per this thread: http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... hp?t=13458.
Is the resulting DLL available anywhere?
afharris_83

Post by afharris_83 »

I downloaded the Irrlicht files a few days ago and have no issues compiling under VS 2005 whatsoever. The things to keep in mind are:

- make sure IRRLICHT.DLL and IRRLICHT.NET.DLL are in your executable directory

- if you are starting a new project, make sure to add IRRLICHT.NET.DLL to your project references

- make sure any paths you use in code are correct

If your problems are at compile-time, it's likely a DLL reference error. If your error is during run-time, it's likely that the path to a needed resource is incorrect.

I don't recall what's in the Hello World example offhand, but if it uses anything from the "Media" directory check your paths and make sure everything's correct. If all else fails, copy any files your code is using from the "Media" folder to the application folder and change your paths to the application folder. That should resolve the problem.

Hope that helps!
InezDias

Post by InezDias »

Thanks for the answer but I've checked all the above (reference in the project, Irrlicht DLL in the application directory and any other likely spot) and Azrael says he has, too. It being a .Net version issue sounds plausible to me since for me too it worked without problems with VSExpress on a different machine. But installing 1.1 only fixed the precompiled apps, not my own.
Switched to DeusXL's wrapper now, which works fine.
qp

Post by qp »

I think I'm having the same problem...

The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

On runtime, compiles fine. I'm assuming it's trying to find media and I've copied those files all over the place, tried specifying the path etc...no luck.

edit: ah I had to copy all three .dlls to the bin\debug folder!
Worteltaart

Post by Worteltaart »

I have copied the dll's to every folder you could possibly dream of, but still I get no for an answer...
I.Am.Me

Post by I.Am.Me »

qp wrote:ah I had to copy all three .dlls to the bin\debug folder!
I'm having the same problem, where is the bin\debug folder? The bin\debug folder of what?
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

I would guess that's wherever your binary is created, which depends on the project settings.
In future, if you get these kind of ambiguous error messages about missing files, you might want to try using SysInternals FileMon to figure out where it's looking.
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
I.Am.Me

Post by I.Am.Me »

bitplane wrote:I would guess that's wherever your binary is created, which depends on the project settings.
In future, if you get these kind of ambiguous error messages about missing files, you might want to try using SysInternals FileMon to figure out where it's looking.
You mean ex: C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\MyProject\bin\debug\ ? If yes, i did it and still the problem persists.
petecz

Post by petecz »

I'm having the same problem..
I need help. I copy the irrlicht.dll to bin\debug\ and its doesnt helped.
I try to copy to system32, doesnt good.
I copied a lots of directory and doesnt good.
I have this message:
Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException:

every debbuging.

please help: petecz
petecz

Post by petecz »

Yeah! I make it, thanks bitplane for the filemon. Its helped.
:wink:
Microsoft C runtime dll missed:
Msvcr71.dll