System.NullReferenceException every time!

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
Ghigio

System.NullReferenceException every time!

Post by Ghigio »

Hi, every time I run in debug mode the Hello_Word_c# project in Visual studio 2003, the compiler trows an System.NullReferenceException. Why? i haven't changed the source code! I need some library or i miss some file?
Thank you.
Ghigio.

PS: sorry for my bad english
noone88

Post by noone88 »

put the Irrlicht.dll in the debug folder.
Ghigio

Post by Ghigio »

no, i have a different error... the application starts correctly, but when i close the application, the debug don't end. The console still run and a message box tell me that error. The System.NullReferenceException appear only if i use the OpenGL driver. With the others drivers the error don't appear! Is this a bug?
Braneloc

Post by Braneloc »

I can tell you why... but not how to fix it. Odds are you are closing the device before exiting the loop that uses the device. If it's nothing YOU are doing...

You can try to catch the error...

The error is mostly harmless.
Sometimes you've just gotta say, the laws of time and space, who gives a smeg ?!

Irrlicht.Net Information - http://www.irrforge.org/index.php/.net
Irrlicht# (aka the C# port) - http://irrlichtsharp.sourceforge.net
Martins

Post by Martins »

I experience the same with OpenGL. I think it is a bug. I will look into this later when I have time
Artenius

Post by Artenius »

Yeah. I guess it has to do with irr.IUnknown.drop on OpenGL... I run the code just to create the window on OGL and when it ends up the process it will return an unhandled exception of some kind.

As far as I am aware this is unfortunately a major bug since we can reproduce it always and in so many ways... Oh yeah... Just a little edit... this won't happen with Dx. And it's cross compiler, 2005, 2003...