Adjusting the texture to the model!

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
Melssj5

Adjusting the texture to the model!

Post by Melssj5 »

Hi, I made an animation exported to md2 because .x doesnt suport mesh deformations, well. I have a texture, a BMP, but is not the same size as the model, both are rectangles, with x files the texture automatically exapnded until it had the model dimensions but with md2, it dont. It filled what it can with the image and the rest appear white. What can I do?
Braneloc

Post by Braneloc »

This needs to be solved art-side. You need to adjust the UV map in your 3D software to wrap the texture all over the object, hopefully there will be something in the documentation of your software about that.

If your software isn't good at UV mapping, get hold of Ultimate Unwrap 3D http://www.unwrap3d.com (shareware) which has more than a few features to help you do this exact thing. It also has a LOT of good file converters for it as well. (Might be worth reading about UV mapping anyway if you are new to modelling in 3D)

Be aware... MD2 is a format that does not use floating point in it's coordinate system, this means you will end up with bad (jerky/jumpy)deformations if you have a complex mesh, or need view your mesh closely.