Which language are you using ?

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.

What are you using ?

Irrlicht.Net with C#
55%
Irrlicht.Net with VB
20%
Irrlicht.Net with Delphi
No votes
Irrlicht.Net with Java
No votes
Irrlicht.Net with another .Net language
No votes
Checking out Irrlicht.Net (but using another engine)
10%
Irrlicht in C++ (But I'd be happier in .Net)
15%

Total votes: 20

Braneloc

Which language are you using ?

Post by Braneloc »

Just curious.. which language are most people using to develop in ?
the_bob

Post by the_bob »

So far, it's all c# for me. Just enough c++ to find my way around the tutorials and such.

I'm really interested in boo, though. For now, I'll just be watching to see how it matures. Looks pretty impressive so far.
3D in .NET - Who would've guessed!
Valnarus

Post by Valnarus »

C#... I haven't experimented with .NET in any other language yet but I have a feeling I'll be doin a little with C++ here soon :)
Duncan Mac Leod

Post by Duncan Mac Leod »

None of the above, cause we are coding our own .NET Wrapper as Mixed Mode Assembly like Niko's .NET Wrapper is working...

As we are developing our own Game Engine on top of Irrlicht, we thought it would be best to implement our own wrapper being able to add more (game-)engine specific stuff (some parts of the engine in native c++) to the wrapper...

BUT the rest of the Game is pure C# 8) !

Duncan
--
Tucan Entertainment
Braneloc

Post by Braneloc »

Dunno if it'll be any use to you.. but the Ogre.Net guys are using http://www.swig.org/ SWIG to help wrap things up a bit more quickly. I know I for one would like to see a full wrap up and running
RapchikProgrammer

Post by RapchikProgrammer »

I use vb.net. I have worked with irrlicht in c++ but the major problem is that i am very very weak at object oriented programming in c++ so if there are any headers my project is bound to find errors. After several failing tries i turned to vb.net as i have a lot of experience of programming in vb6.