Posting user events in Irrlicht.NET

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
Sir

Posting user events in Irrlicht.NET

Post by Sir »

Hi, this is my first post in this forum :)

I'm using Irrlich.NET to write simple editor for my game. I create Irrlich device in panel on normal windows form. I was reading that in this situation mouse and keyboard events aren't post to Irrlich. So, how can I post my events to Irrlich.NET.

In normal Irrlicht API for C++ i found method IrrlichDevice::postEventFromUser() but i can't find this method in Irrlicht.NET API.

Thanks in advance.
I'm form Poland, sorry for my weak english :)

Post by Guest »

Did this is posible to make by .NET version of Irrlicht? Can somebody help me?

This is very important for me, i can't work without this :).
Braneloc

Post by Braneloc »

Not sure of the answer to this in Irrlicht off hand.. though if you are using a normal windows form and Irrlicht in a window, you should be able to use the keyboard/mouse events from windows as normal by attaching to the events on the form instead of using irrlicht device inputs.

Yeah, I know its not the answer you want to hear, but it should do as a workaround. If this doesn't work please let us know.
Sir

Post by Sir »

Yes, right, this is working when i set while (device.Run()) as main loop, but when i want call Irrlicht render and events functions only sometimes when i want redraw content of window because some nodes change orintation or position, this isn't work.

What can I do in this situation?
I'm form Poland, sorry for my weak english :)

Post by Guest »

I ask different. I have this code:

Code: Select all

irr.SEvent ev = new irr.SEvent();
Irrlicht.Event even = new Irrlicht.Event(ev);
m_viewWnd.m_camera.OnEvent(even);
And how can i do somethink with irr.SEvent. How to set some properties of this object?