OPENGL ES version fails to compile for iOS

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
codetiger

OPENGL ES version fails to compile for iOS

Post by codetiger »

I downloaded gles branch of irrlicht r4658 and tried to compile the version for iOS. The xcode build fails to compile with missing .h files and fixing that bring in more errors. There seems to lots of recent changes which should have broken something. Let me know if someone is working on this.
IrrNaCl - Irrlicht Port for Google Chrome Native Client - Demo

Iyan 3D - Make your own 3d animation using your iOS Device
hybrid
Admin

Re: OPENGL ES version fails to compile for iOS

Post by hybrid »

Just before christmas it was working, at least as far as I know. But Nadro is using this version all the time, so he should know what is missing.
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

It fails since commits related to new context manager (EAGL is still missing) and it's known bug, please use older revision (~5-8 commits back). EAGL and context manager for OSX will be implemented soon, currently I'm working with some tasks related to shader-pipeline branch and OGL redesign in ogl-es branch (I'm testing GLX context manager provided by Hybrid). Give me ~2 weeks :)
Library helping with network requests, tasks management, logger etc in desktop and mobile apps: https://github.com/GrupaPracuj/hermes
gil.hadas

Post by gil.hadas »

'm new member and I have some bug fix and updates that I want to share in the ogl-es branch.
Do you want me to send you the files that I modified?
Also, I have problems that I couldn't solve,
I check the code of COGLES2FixedPipelineRenderer, but could not find the problem.
If I use EDT_OGLES1 Materials are not rendered properly.
If I use EDT_OGLES2, Light are not rendered properly.
Do you have any suggestion?
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

You can submit patch on tracker. You should put more info problems with materials in ogles1. ogles2 doesn't have built-in shaders related to lighting yet, thats why it doesn't work, however you can prepare your own shader.
Library helping with network requests, tasks management, logger etc in desktop and mobile apps: https://github.com/GrupaPracuj/hermes
gil.hadas

Post by gil.hadas »

I'm trying to create a Ticket but I keep getting a message "You are already logged-in to a SourceForge account."
any idea?
can I email it yo you?