The bugs

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
VeneX

The bugs

Post by VeneX »

Scaling problem: when you scale all the same (like 75,75,75) it works. But when you try to make your model lower (like 75,50,75) there are rendering problems. There are triangles not drawn/textured whitch exist and disappear randomly.

You knew about the not rendered shadow in fulloscreen.

When you use huge distances, textures won't fit anylonger in eachother. Check my demo http://www.eve-corp.com/imperialguard/pages/ig.zip
Visit my website @ www.venex.be
Plethora project will be added to the site
AMD AthlonXP 2600+, 512MB DDR, Radeon M10 (mobile 9600) PRO 64MB, WinXP
VeneX

Post by VeneX »

As you can see in the demo, the shadow is projected on the terrain, but alsow on the water. with collision detection you won't see this but...
it is strange

As you can see, at the sides of this isle it is very dark, is the only way to solve this to put more lights on it?

(Check the strange rendering, the triangles whitch are darker and moving foreward or something, when you start the demo it is the first thing you will see :( )

Another bug: I have had 5 testers (include me) and on two systems it doesn't run.
Visit my website @ www.venex.be
Plethora project will be added to the site
AMD AthlonXP 2600+, 512MB DDR, Radeon M10 (mobile 9600) PRO 64MB, WinXP
Chev

Post by Chev »

I think your light isn't quite high enough to shine on the edges of your map. The edges of your terrain drop down so there is no way for the light to hit it. If you want it to shine on your terrain like the sun, you'll need to put the lightnode very far away with a very large "radius". Or you can add more lights but I'm not sure what look you're after.

Also, people that download your zip will not be able to run the program because you did not include Irrlicht.dll.