The latest SVN bugs thread

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
CuteAlien
Admin

Re: The latest SVN bugs thread

Post by CuteAlien »

Ah ok. And I just got my Irrlicht compiling again. Will have to split up my collada patch for this - I had fixed something else as well (exporting nodes which share the same mesh but have different materials), but that still didn't load correct in any other tool. So will have to throw out that part first from my patch again and just fix the compile troubles (and do the other bugfix later or I'll never get this done).
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

ColladaWriter should work now. I have no system yet to reproduce (I have to install mingw64 some day...) so I would appreciate if someone can test compiling newest svn trunk on a system where it failed before.
hendu

Post by hendu »

Ah right, my mistake. Win64 not Mac64, Mac64 is sane ;)
Randajad

Post by Randajad »

File: source\Irrlicht\COpenGLExtensionHandler.h, Line: 2459

#elif defined(GL_NV_occlusion_query)
glIsOcclusionQueryNV(id);
#else

I think it should to be "return glIsOcclusionQueryNV(id);".
Sorry for my English, i'm from Russia.
If i makes mistakes in phrases you can correct me btw. ^_^
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

Yes, that looks correct. Thanks - it's fixed in svn trunk now.
Randajad

Post by Randajad »

In same place look at:

#ifdef _IRR_OPENGL_USE_EXTPOINTER_
if (pGlIsQueryARB)
return pGlIsQueryARB(id);
else if (pGlIsOcclusionQueryNV)
return pGlIsOcclusionQueryNV(id);
#elif defined(GL_ARB_occlusion_query)

There is no return value if pGlIsQueryARB and pGlIsOcclusionQueryNV gets false.
Sorry for my English, i'm from Russia.
If i makes mistakes in phrases you can correct me btw. ^_^
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

Thanks, it's fixed again in svn trunk.
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

The stencil shadows in DX are still disabled for some reason. And the demo will still show some odd artifacts with the particles, like that the furthest particle system won't have blending at all. And when the stencil buffer is disabled, the particles from the smoke of the impacts won't show either. In the software renderers it works, but this won't in GL or DX.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
kaos

Post by kaos »

I have 200 mB in Ram, when arrive to render( next code ), ram grow up many.

Code: Select all

driver->setMaterial( cr->getMaterial(0) );
                for( int cont = 0; cont < cr->getMesh()->getMeshBufferCount(); cont++ )
                        driver->drawMeshBuffer( cr->getMesh()->getMeshBuffer(cont) );

And them I can't release the memory.

edit- if I don't write this lines, the memory don't change.
kaos

Post by kaos »

kaos wrote:I have 200 mB in Ram, when arrive to render( next code ), ram grow up many.

driver->setMaterial( cr->getMaterial(0) );
                for( int cont = 0; cont < cr->getMesh()->getMeshBufferCount(); cont++ )
                        driver->drawMeshBuffer( cr->getMesh()->getMeshBuffer(cont) );

And them I can't release the memory.

edit- if I don't write this lines, the memory don't change.
Ok if I dont't activate hardwarebuffer the problem disappears
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Actually there is no significant RAM usage inside Irrlicht for the VBOs, but it is probably the memory allocated by the gfx driver. You can delete hardware buffers after you're done with rendering these components with the proper driver call.
kaos

Post by kaos »

hybrid wrote:Actually there is no significant RAM usage inside Irrlicht for the VBOs, but it is probably the memory allocated by the gfx driver. You can delete hardware buffers after you're done with rendering these components with the proper driver call.
I have a list of models( big models, 32 bit vertex index, around the max of primitives count), when I select one, free the last object. The memory( ram ) grow and grow, only if I have hardware buffer.

I don't understand, I think that this is a bug, because I free the memory with irrlicht. If I don't activate vbo, work perfect.

My card it's nvidia geforce 560 ti,

So, I need free the hardwarebuffer with directx in this case... :( ( and I don't know how ;) )
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

I remember having some troubles like that. And i solved them by waiting. Simply waiting a bit so the hardware buffers were also released. I noticed that when i loaded and unloaded a model constantly (with Hardware Buffers), the memory would increase and increase. But if i wait a bit, the memory will be released properly. I think it is an issue of the graphics driver that won't release inmediately a buffer.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
greenya

Post by greenya »

Hello.
Trying to compile rev. 4206 in vs2010 with dx8 renderer:

error C2065: 'Params' : undeclared identifier
\source\Irrlicht\CD3D8Driver.cpp
line 329
======================================================== ADDED =============================================================

While compiling usage of matrix4<f32>, we get bunch of warnings under vs2010:

warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const irr::f64' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data      \include\matrix4.h      line 959
warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const irr::f64' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data      \include\matrix4.h      line 960
warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const irr::f64' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data      \include\matrix4.h      line 961
warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const irr::f64' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data      \include\matrix4.h      line 965
warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const irr::f64' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data      \include\matrix4.h      line 966
warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const irr::f64' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data      \include\matrix4.h      line 967
warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const irr::f64' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data      \include\matrix4.h      line 971
warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const irr::f64' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data      \include\matrix4.h      line 972
warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const irr::f64' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data      \include\matrix4.h      line 973
warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const irr::f64' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data      \include\matrix4.h      line 993
warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const irr::f64' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data      \include\matrix4.h      line 994
warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const irr::f64' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data      \include\matrix4.h      line 995
warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const irr::f64' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data      \include\matrix4.h      line 999
warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const irr::f64' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data      \include\matrix4.h     line 1000
warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const irr::f64' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data      \include\matrix4.h     line 1001
warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const irr::f64' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data      \include\matrix4.h     line 1005
warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const irr::f64' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data      \include\matrix4.h     line 1006
warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const irr::f64' to 'irr::f32', possible loss of data      \include\matrix4.h     line 1007
I suggest to all these assignments apply casting to (T), for example:

M[0] = tx * axis.X + c;
should be

M[0] = (T)(tx * axis.X + c);
P.S.: just like setInverseRotationRadians(), setRotationRadians() and others already has.
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

@greenya: Sorry my fault, I needed a flag in dx9 and just added code to dx8 to keep it similar, didn't see the code there already was differnt. I removed support for that flag again in d3d8 driver and installed a dx8 sdk now on my new system so I can also test for that again once in a while (and I kind of wonder if there's still anyone using it anway - Thomas was probably the last one, but haven't heard from him in a while).