Magic Library - True Type windows font

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Cryptit

Dependencies VS2005<>CodeBlocks/gcc

Post by Cryptit »

Hello Emil_halim,

i found the actual version of DllMagic.lib in the Visual Studio-Subfolder and switched back from CodeBlocks to my Visual Studio-Compiler.

Works now, but perhaps if you'll update the Magic Library-Package in the future, you may also include the VS-Solutionsfiles of the examples. I found only the CodeBlocks-Projects and run into the problems with the missing actual lib.

So it will be easier for the noobs to recompile your examples :)

I've checked the different examples and i think you have already compiled them against the Visual Studio-Version of the lib and MagicLibrary-Dll, because if someone just copy the compiled exes into the E:\irrlicht-1.1\bin\Win32-gcc\-Folder, there are many dependencies errors based on the different DLL-Versions of Irrlicht/DllMagic.dll.

Just as a further note for noobs: (i got in trouble with that...^^) : while compiling Irrlicht with MSVC 6 (and some examples of MagicLibrary), you'll get always the nasty STL-Bug:

Code: Select all

e:\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\xstring(612) : error C2955: 'string' : use of class template requires template argument list
        E:\irrlicht-1.1\include\irrString.h(706) : see declaration of 'string'
After switching the project to VS2005, the building of the samples works perfect (i remember that the old 6.0-Compiler from MS has some non-standard stl-support and perhaps that error occurs).

Maybe you can give that information on your website in the \Tutorials-Sections. At the moment the \irrlicht-wiki seems to be dead, and i don't know if there is any hint for this?! - but it's a show stopper and the "workarround" is really easy (just switch from MSVC6 to VS2005 Express/Studio).

Best Regards,

Cryptit
Cryptit

2LayersBackGroundMap - Sample

Post by Cryptit »

Again me :)

some difference of the scroll behaviour occurs by changing the code:

driver->beginScene(true, true, SColor(0,180,180,180));

if(KeyDown(KEY_ESCAPE))ProgramRun=false;

ViewOrtho();
                 SetScale(2,2);
                 tileTex[0]->FullScreenScrolTileMap(0.95f,0.95f,false);
                 SetScale(1,1);
                 tileTex[1]->ScrolTileMap(0,300,0.25f*4,0,false);

to

tileTex[1]->ScrolTileMap(0,300,0.25f*4,0,true);
The front layer will smooth scroll from right to left (by pixelwise moving and blitting of the last right (new) tile, but if the ScrolTileMap-Functions scrolls from left to right (bool false as last parameter), the first tiles on the left side were placed as is - just as "blocks", and no pixelwise.

I don't know if this depends on further settings in the (sample)-code or if it's an error in the implementation - the scrolling of the backplane layer by FullScreenScrollTileMap works correctly.

By the way, in some replies in this thread you have posted code snippets of your Library.

During the tests of this scrolling behaviour, i found no source for further debugging on your webpage - so i think it's closed source?

Greetings,

Cryptit
Last edited by Cryptit on Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cryptit

2LayersBackGroundMap - Sample II.

Post by Cryptit »

Scrolling works nicer if it starts "outside" of the visual area:

While changing the parameters to

// 32 = size of tile, -32 for left shift
tileTex[1]->ScrolTileMap(-32,300,0.25f*4,0,false);
the scrolling is now pixelwise and (partially) smooth. Unfortunately
it's buckling now and then - perhaps an synchro problem?

(i have an Nvidia Geforce 6 gfx card, 1 gig ram and AMD 64-cpu, so normally it's enough power for irrlicht).

Greetings,

Cryptit
Avalanche

Post by Avalanche »

hi
what version of irrlicht does this work on?
thx
ghs

Post by ghs »

Avalanche wrote:what version of irrlicht does this work on?
Yes, I'd like to know that too.

I try to run Hello World program, but I get that error in InitMagic ():

Unhandled exception at 0x00390d55 in MagicTest.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000001.
user8848

how to verdict movie is play finish ??

Post by user8848 »

how to verdict movie is play finish ??
i need the event. movie finish event.
creineq

Post by creineq »

When do yu plan to make it work for Irr 1.2. I desperately need it. Coz in Irrlicht 1.1v i have probs wit my 3ds file. Textxure doesnt load
vickylh

Re: how to verdict movie is play finish ??

Post by vickylh »

user8848 wrote:how to verdict movie is play finish ??
i need the event. movie finish event.
I need the event too! :lol:
3ddev

Post by 3ddev »

As far as I know, Emil_Halim has dropped all work on the Irrlicht Magic Library. He has also stopped using Irrlicht. He switched to Ogre. He is currently working on Ogre Magic Library which depends on DirectX. There is currently support for movies, menus, 3d text, image manipulation, 2d sprites, windows fonts, buttons, and timelines... Go to this thread to read all about his work: http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25924 :wink:
Last edited by 3ddev on Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

3ddev wrote:As far as I know, Emil_Halim has dropped all work on the Irrlicht Magic Library. He has also stopped using Irrlicht.
Yeah? Did you ask him? That he works on an Ogre version, doesn't mean he abandoned the irrlicht lib. Don't spread rumors, but stick to what you know.
Emil_halim

Post by Emil_halim »

Hi All

It was a very long time since I have posted here , any way I want to tell you that my Ogre Magic library has been rewritten with pure DirectX9 so you can use it with your any Irrlicht Version.

Download it from here

http://www.freewebs.com/ogremagic/index.htm

Enjoy it.
Emil_halim

Post by Emil_halim »

Hi all

Many ppl asked me to release the source code of old MagicLibrary for Irrlicht for porting it to Linux.

So here it is.

http://bcxdx.spoilerspace.com/BCXGL/src ... rlicht.zip

hope it is useful for someone.
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

OMG!! Thank you so much dude...you have risin from the dead I see? :P How is OGRE working for yah?
PumpkinPieman

Post by PumpkinPieman »

Amazing! 8)
I'm going to have to thank you again for your quick response Emil_halim.
Emil_halim

Post by Emil_halim »

Hi All

just I want you to know that , i have created a new OgreMagic Forum in my Web site of OgreMagic Library , so feel free to ask any question about OgreMagic Library.

http://www.freewebs.com/ogremagic/forum.htm

Enjoy it.