moved-> Wings of fury-like game. Any suggestions?

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Suliman

moved-> Wings of fury-like game. Any suggestions?

Post by Suliman »

Hi

Im planning a 2dscrolling airplane-game, much like that amiga-classic Wings of fury. http://www.abandonia.com/game.php?ID=349 here is a good remake. Press that ugly "get it" image.

My plan is:

Remain the simple, arcade-like control and screenscroll, but units are 3dmodels
Have several planes, all with different cargoholds, speed etc
Many different kind of enemies, tanks, infantry, AA-guns, ships etc
RTS-elements like dropping paratroopers down to seize enemy buildings and get bonus, new weapons. Take new airfield if the map is large.

What would be cool to add besides this?
Suliman
turboferret

Post by turboferret »

Just gotta say I spent a lot of time with that game! :P

Also, would be cool to be able to play as the japs, protecting their islands :twisted:
This monkey is useless, it only has ONE ass!!!
Suliman

Post by Suliman »

No im not making an actual remake, im just doing a game in the same style.

I will have several campaigns and a skirmish-mode. You sometimes must defend and sometimes attack and sometimes both! You can buy AA-guns and stuff but the main part will be flying around and bringing mayhem

Planned crafts are:
Sopwith Camel
Spitfire
Stuka bomber

More to come! I know they are not really from the same year, this game is about gameplay and will not be historically accurate, but its fun to include actual units, even though their production year will not match.

There will also be tanks to blow up, and infantry to gun down, but some infantry has anti-air weaponry. And you get a nice cash-bonus (acade!) for destroying things. Use the bucks to buy stuff.