Irrlicht-Spintz (Modifed Irrlicht-0.8 ) ( UPDATED 3/13/05 )

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

sure, however, discussion of that should happen on the NX++ boards though, not here ;)
etcaptor

Post by etcaptor »

Hi Spinz, thanks for your work with IrrSpinz.

I think that, something is wrong with sphere geometry of skydome:

on Top on bottom part of sphere
ImageImage
Site development -Rock and metal online
--- etcaptor.com ------freenetlife.com
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

Yes, I've noticed that, however, I don't know how to fix that. There's got to be some way to handle the tcoords at the poles.

It's the problem of forcing a square texture onto a sphere. I'm looking into it, but if you can find any references on how to handle textures on sphere, I'd be glad to look at it! :)
etcaptor

Post by etcaptor »

Yes the problem is not in geometry code. I just loaded one 3ds sphere, and saw that the result is the same independed wheter render option is SNRT_SKY_BOX. Maybe we must playing with plannar mapping.
With appropriate mapping is possible to export something like skydome.
ImageImage
Site development -Rock and metal online
--- etcaptor.com ------freenetlife.com
katoun

Post by katoun »

Hi Spintz,
One sugestions Pls:
Write in the change.txt file all the changes that you have done to the original Irrlicht0.8 so we may know what was done and what not.
Thank you.
Kat'Oun
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

Updated March 13th.

Here's the notes for this update....

> Change the clipping test for the patches with the view frustrum. New test is much more accurate and much faster as well!
> Fixed the GeoMipMapTriangleSelector to work with the Collision Animator
> Changed the way plane<T> stores it's data, as suggested by schick.
> Fixed bug in CZipReader.cpp, to support paths. From pr3t3nd3r.
> Some conversions were not done properly for 32 bit indices, fixed those problems so all the built-in mesh buffers use 32 bit indices.
katoun

Post by katoun »

Hi Spintz,
That thing with clipping sounds good.
You know I have added loading bar to the GUI system and it works fine and you can change the color of the loading bar.
I have also added anisitropic filter in DirectX but not tested(I have an old graphic card and it dosent suport it) but the source complies with no error or wornings and I have not canged the way Irrlicht works not a bit.
Problem is I have no place where to but these changes on the web.:cry:
If anyone wants these changes or wants to make that an official Irrlicht modifcation( like IrrlichtNX) and knows how or has a place to host theme I wold be glad to send them anyway it could be done(sicerily I dont like the way IrrlichtHX goes, but I envy the new things aded to it).
Send me a reply to the above.
If wanted we my create a team to make Irrlicht++ :D (=Irrlicht with new stuf) and it could be a testing ground for new stuf for the original Irrlicht. :wink:
Happy coding.
Kat'Oun