blades of triangulum

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
kornwaretm
Competition winner

blades of triangulum

Post by kornwaretm »

Blades of Triangulum is a fantasy fighting game about great sword (two handed sword) duel. the fight took place in the Triangulum galaxy in an imaginary unnamed planet, this planet is inhabited by reptilian like creatures. the art work is a mix between medieval and strange alien fantasy. buildings are planed to have features from ancient Babylonian, vegetation will take inspiration from underwater vegetation. Animation wise, the game get a lot of influence from medieval sword fighting and martial arts. the state of the game, all features completely implemented, currently in polishing state.

the game using irrlicht 1.9 for rendering, openAL for sound and tinyjs for scripting. character mesh are drawn using view aligned slices and png files contains displacement, specularity, and reflectivity maps.

gameplay trailer critic, suggestion, and comment are welcome.
wish me luck
Last edited by kornwaretm on Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
CuteAlien
Admin

Re: blades of triangulum

Post by CuteAlien »

Is that chainsaw-sword animated? :-)
What are those .js files about? Can you code things ingame with javascript?
Critic: texts should fit into listboxes, so smaller font or shorter texts (I would use another font - those outlines work well for your huge texts, but for small texts I don't think it's optimal). Characters could pop out some more from background.
Needs a video!

But nice work - and certainly wishing you good luck!
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm
kornwaretm
Competition winner

Post by kornwaretm »

thank you CuteAlien

yes the chainsaw is animated, there are tons of animated weapons and armor, some weapon glow are blinking, or moving glowie lines, also there is this clover sword (opening and closing), spinning circular saw, transforming swords, chewing jaw (huge head chewing thingy as sword :lol:) , tons of crazy things people never see. these objects are animated via spritesheet, view aligned slices are heavy to process but it easy on producing asset, like draw in gimp no need to model one in 3d editor. the screen-shots are just a small fraction of the game content, i guaranteed.

the js files are the game scripts. the list with js files are actually character names, need to remove the extension from the list, one character equals one javascript file, each equipment piece, levels, menus, game modes are javascript, pretty much 80% of game logic are visible in game's asset folder. it helps to reduce the stress of compiling time :lol: also nowadays moding game are pretty popular, who knows if this can helps gain popularity.

listbox are created relative to the screen resolution, as the screen shoot taken the screen resolution are 1024x512 which is much smaller than the end product. still, i agree it will look nicer if at least uses different color and size.

gameplay video needs to wait. some music are still in progress, needs a week or two (6 sound tracks tor main theme(1), menu(1), and in game(4) ). if i make it right now there will be legal issue, the temporary sounds are ripoffs :lol: .
hendu

Post by hendu »

Second and third pic have some white line of pixels, bug?
kornwaretm
Competition winner

Post by kornwaretm »

hi hendu, yes it is a bug. there are currently lots of noticeable bugs right now.
kornwaretm
Competition winner

Post by kornwaretm »

kornwaretm
Competition winner

Post by kornwaretm »

graphics upgrade. added ssao, hue saturation control.
kornwaretm
Competition winner

Post by kornwaretm »

LunaRebirth

Post by LunaRebirth »

Very cool video.

Looks awesome, but just a suggestion.
I don't like the stuff that comes from the ground when you move.

Also "Campaign" is spelled wrong but you probably fixed it by now :)

Really like the look of it, keep us updated!
kornwaretm
Competition winner

Post by kornwaretm »

hi guys, i have a new hd gameplay trailer
gameplay trailer 2