IrrlichtBAW release 0.2 Alpha

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
bkeys

IrrlichtBAW release 0.2 Alpha

Post by bkeys »

Hello my favorite community!
Devsh has asked me to post this new version of IrrlichtBAW on his behalf of his team. In an attempt to be super nice I tried porting ZhalGraf's CMake build for Irrlicht onto this new version of Irrlicht. So far I run into compiler errors but the build system itself seems to be ported over just fine so hopefully we can have a CMake build of this soon :) Anyways, here is the repository I am using for this at the moment, the raw file that Matt gave me is in the dist/ folder everything else is me working on the CMake build, if anyone can get the CMake build working feel free to let me know I would be happy to accept the pull request :mrgreen:

https://gitlab.com/bkeys/IrrlichtBAW

EDIT: Changed version number at devsh's request
Last edited by bkeys on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Brigham Keys, Esq.
thanhle

Re: IrrlichtBAW release

Post by thanhle »

Hi mate,

Got this error when try to configure to vs2015 64 bit in cmake 3.4.3.

Configuring done
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:95 (ADD_LIBRARY):
Cannot find source file:

include/aabbox3d.h

Tried extensions .c .C .c++ .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .hh .h++ .hm .hpp
.hxx .in .txx

CMake Error: CMake can not determine linker language for target: Irrlicht
bkeys

Re: IrrlichtBAW release

Post by bkeys »

thanhle wrote:Hi mate,

Got this error when try to configure to vs2015 64 bit in cmake 3.4.3.

Configuring done
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:95 (ADD_LIBRARY):
Cannot find source file:

include/aabbox3d.h

Tried extensions .c .C .c++ .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .hh .h++ .hm .hpp
.hxx .in .txx

CMake Error: CMake can not determine linker language for target: Irrlicht
Like I said the CMake build is not ready yet, either someone else is going to step in and finish it or I will have to do it on my own time. If you go into the dist/ folder you should extract one of those and compile it using code blocks. devsh should be able to give you further instructions, I am not the author I am just a friend doing someone a favor.
- Brigham Keys, Esq.
bkeys

Re: IrrlichtBAW release 0.2 Alpha

Post by bkeys »

Hey you guys, an update on this:
I managed to get it actually compiling with the IrrlichtCMake by ZhalGraf so a huge thanks to him and his work! It was bothering me that this thing was not compiling with the CMake build. So now it compiles with a much cleaner CMake build system which will be easier to add to as the development of this goes forward. There are a few issues that are with this new build such as
  • There is no option for the examples to be built
    It uses the system BZIP2 and jpegib so that kind of breaks the windows build for the time being.
Other than that it should work just fine, I kept the codeblocks project around for reference so we can hopefully fix these issues. There are other issues I am sure but for the mean time this is all I am aware of. I will open these as issues on my gitlab repo, and am open for comments on it all. I do not have time to really work on this further, I had a big itch for getting this thing compiled with CMake and I got that working for GNU/Linux users so my itch has been scratched finally. However if the community starts getting around this thing (that seems like it might be happening 8) ) then I might be able to be persuaded to work on this further.
- Brigham Keys, Esq.