MY3D + Final Render

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

snifffffff :cry:

Man, would I like to get a copy of that!!! I started saving some $$$$$ for such purpose, but it will take me a while, lol .

There'ss even an ATI bundle that comes with a FireGL card plus latest version of foundation (4.2) for $599 !!!!!!

link:
http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2603769

man!!!!! one of the best 3d packages with a workstation videocard for that price!!!! and as Vermeer said, top-notch plugins included (Latest version of MentalRay multi-thread as well).

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

edit: you'd still need a plugin written with XSI's sdk to get your geometry+lightmaps (GI) + a loader class for Irrlicht; but if Zdimitor did it for 3dsmax I see no reason not to do it for XSI.
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

hehe ...well...yes, you have thedotXSI format, which was made by the game team section in Softimage company...thought for exporting realtime 3d stuff....The FTK is a free sdk for making imports and exports, then there's also a free SDk in general...

BUT....hehehee... XSI, while not included native, have an x exporter, in the form of a plugin (and *.addon ) , not only that, it also has an x importer into XSI back again... something *really* rare in a package.

I purchased foundation only after checking quite well that in the trial , x files exported with the free plugin, worked perfect in every of my x viewers, one of them being ms meshview.

So...seing how featured tend to be treated the formats in XSI...I'd expect it to also export second uv channel...and the lightmap by itself...hehe, is not like the BSP times! it's a separated TGA file, a bitmap where has been baked all the lighting, like with any highend package or giles...

So, having the 2 UV export, u grab the tga and ur done :)

Supposedly :)
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
Testur

Post by Testur »

afecelis wrote:So you can also use FR baked materials as well? No crashes with Zdimitor's exporter?
The "cathedral" uses Final Render baked lightmaps exported to .my3d. The trick is, when I looked through the source of the exporter I found that it looks for TGA images with the words 'lightingmap' in it's name, exporting that as the lightmap. Since Tbaker names it's lightmaps to '<meshname>_L_0000.tga' one would have to trick it. I did this my first rendering with the normal baker to get a bunch of '<meshname>LightingMap.tga' lightmaps. Then I ran it through the Tbaker to get the '<meshname>_L_0000.tga' maps. Then I used a nifty program called Renamer 6.0 to rename to Tbaker maps and then simply overwriting the old ones. THEN exporting .my3d.

It's a hassle in the beginning. But it works. :)