CIrrlicht - An Irrlicht C Wrapper

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
stefany

CIrrlicht - An Irrlicht C Wrapper

Post by stefany »

Last post update 30/11/2014
State = Example 1,2,4 done

Hi! I am creating a C Wrapper for irrlicht, the main difference with other wrappers is that this one completely hides the classes, defines and structs, there are only pointers and functions. This means when you use this wrapper from other language you only wraps FUNCTIONS, POINTERS, and BASIC TYPES. This is important because for example some scheme compilers don't support definitions of structs.

The features implemented:
- SDL2 support

That design decision is to make the most easy usage of this library as a base to wrap to any other language. Any type you see is an struct with only one value, a pointer.
You can download it from:THE REPOSITORY

Any comments or design critics are welcome.
stefany

Re: CIrrlicht - An Irrlicht C Wrapper

Post by stefany »

Added SDL2 support, only tested on linux, but if you want to get sdl in irrlicht, you can use that. (:
firesoul453

Post by firesoul453 »

Hey this looks awesome! Keep it up!
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Hello,

Are you still working on this project? I tried to get this to build under Windows, but was unable to. I tried using cmake by itself and using Visual Studio 17, but still wasn't able to get it to build. I tried to set it to the path where I have Irrlicht installed, but it still comes up with the error it can't find IRRLICHT_DIR not found.

EDIT: I was able to get it to build under windows by adding a set command in the makefile.