winter is coming and Santa Squarefox has a nice present for you: "DunGen" - a procedural Dungeongenerator library for Irrlicht.
DunGen is a generator for procedural 3D dungeons. Methods of procedural synthesis, such as L-system, Voxels and Hermite-Splines are used to generate these dungeons. These dungeons can be used in computer games and other applications. The generation of a complete dungeon usually takes less than a half minute (under 10 seconds on a modern Core i7 processor).
- generation of procedural voxel bases caves, which can be eroded, filtered, warped and smoothed so that they look more realistic
- generation of procedural corrdiors between cave parts and/or rooms
- computation of visibility information (can you look through a corridor - yes or no?)
- place detailobjects (e.g. torches or monsters) in the corridors
- use .irr scene files to provide roompatterns for your dungeon
The library package contains everything you'll need:
- the compiled library, including source code in C++ (provided as a Visual Studio 2010 project)
- a compiled tutorial, including source code in C++ (provided as a Visual Studio 2010 project)
- a doxygen documentation, compiled as HTML
Here are some screenshots:
The package is downloadable at http://dungen.squarefox.net . Version 1.0 is compiled for and compatible with Irrlicht 1.8.1 .
I hope you enjoy this library!