New Irrlicht 1.8.1 is out which fixes several bugs from the last release.
You can get it here: http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/downloads/
- Improved OpenGL performance under OSX (Thanks devonsoft for reporting).
- Fixed OSX compilation issues.
- For speed improvement the following attributes accessible by ISceneManager::getParameters() are no longer updated in release:
"culled", "calls", "drawn_solid", "drawn_transparent", "drawn_transparent_effect".
They can be enabled by compiling Irrlicht with the define _IRR_SCENEMANAGER_DEBUG.
Thanks @hendu for reporting, see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48211
for the discussion.
- Fix compile problem with CIrrDeviceSDL on VS2008 (and maybe other systems). Thanks @HellFlip for reporting.
- Fix quaternion::rotationFromTo() (Thanks @takamoto for reporting)
- Fix iszero for s64 (Thanks @chronologicaldot for reporting)
- Fix crash in SoftwareDriver2 when Material was EMT_DETAIL_MAP but texture was not set (Thanks for fix by chronologicaldot)
- Fix buffer overrun in x-loader (Thanks for fix by Otaka)
- Fix cursor visibility update problem under Windows 8 (Thanks @luthyr for reporting)
- Fix irredit links in loadScene/saveScene docs.
- Fix issue in CAnimatedMeshSceneNode::clone which caused a crash. (reported and fixed by luthyr)
- Fix compiling errors for c++ builder (thx @Greatwolf for many patches and @cfanderek for reminding)
- Initialized IColladaMeshWriter::GeometryWriting which was uninitialized.
- Fix linker trouble with irr::core::equalsByUl when compiling Irrlicht as managed code (thx @ Memorial76 for a report + testcase)
- Fix crashes in CCubeSceneNode::clone and CSphereSceneNode::clone (reported by marsupial)
- Fix the clipping in the listbox drawing which was only showing the right line of the sunken pane (reported by Mloren and Abraxas).
- Initialize slider in example 05 correct (reported by Zerochen)
- Fix crash in CMeshSceneNode::clone when the mesh had no shadow (reported by christianclavet, bug-fix found by Nadro)
There are still some known bugs in there on which we will work in the future:
- Software driver doesn't work properly under OSX 10.9.
- Problems with certain .mtl files: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=48090
Thanks for all the patches and bugreports! And we will try our best to get the 1.9 release into good shape next.