[EARLY-PRE-ALPHA] Hexahedron World

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

[EARLY-PRE-ALPHA] Hexahedron World

Post by Cube_ »

So yeah, I've been secretly developing a title for some time now and I'm ready to announce it now since I know it will be finished ^^ (I have gotten too far to give up!)
So, so far I've gotten physics, terrain generation, simple AI, rendering and input done and thus I have a prototype, I won't share any screenshots just yet because, to be honest, it looks like poop so far

But anyway, a feature I have perfected is the plugin system, it's actually fairly simple (everything's a plugin btw, the entire game is a plugin (mod support to the max))
and with perfected I mean "I haven't found any flaws and it loads anything *I* throw at it"

That's it, I have nothing more of interest to say right now that won't spoil anything...
Oh wait I do! It'll be released for the Ouya entirely free of charge ^^
And that's it

P.S - does anyone want to help me test the plugin system, just because nothing I throw at it causes breakage doesn't mean it's unbreakable... after all I know the system too well >.< and thus I am likely to unintentionally work within the capabilities of the system

On an unrelated note, my plugin system is partially based on code released to the public domain by the author, I assume this means I can legally use it as I please? (I'll give credit either way but just double checking to make sure I understood the concept right, I don't want to be chased by lawyers)
"this is not the bottleneck you are looking for"
roxaz

Re: [EARLY-PRE-ALPHA] Hexahedron World

Post by roxaz »

aaammmsterdddam wrote:On an unrelated note, my plugin system is partially based on code released to the public domain by the author, I assume this means I can legally use it as I please? (I'll give credit either way but just double checking to make sure I understood the concept right, I don't want to be chased by lawyers)
public domain means its common knowledge. you dont pay license fees for using a method of putting your pants on as its common knowledge. you are not required to give a credit either, you can use it as you wish. but as you are a nice guy you will give a credit somewhere so its extra great :)
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

Re: [EARLY-PRE-ALPHA] Hexahedron World

Post by Cube_ »

sweet, just as I assumed then :D Oh and thanks ^^
"this is not the bottleneck you are looking for"