Nuclear Spark

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Morpheus

Post by Morpheus »

Thx, it isn't opensource, it's only freeware ;)
etcaptor

Post by etcaptor »

Interesting :lol:

About FPS - I suggest that in your game fog and some dynamic lights are used. In Irrlicht fog and dyn lights drops FPS in OpenGL mode more then DirectX. On my PC 800 MhZ I got 7-10 high FPS when use fog and dyn.lights in DirectX mode instead OpenGL. In NX++ are some OpenGL improvements, but I'm still not try it.

BTW what tehnique is used to place levels in one file?
etcaptor

Post by etcaptor »

I saw - these files are zip /pk3/ files.
Something about game.swp file /166 mb?/
arras

Post by arras »

While installing my antivir detected Win32/TrojanDropper.Delf.S in Player.exe file. I let antivir delete it and program seems to not care much since I was able to run it. Went through firsth level, than short afther entering second, it crashed whole computer.

...apart from that its nice small project. Perhaps you may let people choose English ...I asume that not everybody understant Polish like me ;)

Good luck.
Morpheus

Post by Morpheus »

Game.swp is a swap file. As I wrote few posts before, I removed the trojan from player.exe. In fact, that wasn't a troyan, but an exe file that contains two headers. I fixed that, and you can dwonload the new version from the site. I didn't put there any trojan!
INM8

Post by INM8 »

Although "i dont polish" ahahaha a classic, i loved the intro movies and the cool menu! I still don't get it, you need an english version. Good music too lolz!!! Runs very smoothe, and u grabbed that shotgun model, ive seen it everywhere lol! :P
"Please do not read this quote. Thank you."
William Finlayson

Post by William Finlayson »

I just wanted to say well done. There are some great features here, the menu is top-notch. I am really impressed. The introduction rocks as well.

I think an english translation would really help you reach more players, and I'm not sayin that because of any love for the language, it's just fact. I would love to give you some constructive critisism, so here goes - the things that stuck out for me were:

The lack of jump/crouch. Maybe they exist, but I couldnt find the keys. These abilities are expected in this age of fps games, even if they don't add anything to gameplay, they help the immersion,

Models - the level geometry (gravestones and the like) seemed a little blocky to me, maybe adding some detail and making things a little less 'square' would help. I did however like the pylon with the particle effects, nice touch.

Zombie attacks: seemed a little out of place to me, I didn't like the repetitive speed of the attack, as soon as you are in the zombie's vision, they attack at a constant speed. Maybe this is an AI problem. Also, the balls they throw at you seem out of place, a little too fast and too green maybe.

Congrats with the progress you have made though, great stuff, keep up the good work :)
area51

Post by area51 »

I liked the RTCW style light corona's, the particle effect sparks (would look better white), and the rat + sounds on the second level.

All in all a nice little project, keep up the good work!
________
LOVE DISCUSSION
Last edited by area51 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
firefly2442

Post by firefly2442 »

I liked it. I agree, an English translation would be cool. Maybe put an option in the installer or something. Also, it would be good if the character moved a little faster and maybe have the zombies randomly walk around? Otherwise it's pretty easy to shoot them. All in all very good though! :)
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

It in (to) based world Nuclear Spark FPS postnuklearnym. Share (action) is carried on in lats (summers; years) 60 last century, in the area of blasted by nuclear explosion of mining village and left carbon (charcoal; coal) kopalnii. Player is included to scientist, which (who) worked at creation of first atomic bomb. It meets people on way zmutowanych and animals by strong radiation change genetically. It earns new weapons along with progress of (headway of) game and ammunition, as well as wanted for survive first-aid kit. Lat (summer; year) is stylized on exemplar diagram (graphic artist; graphics) 60 - paved street downtown, old, in mine machine przerdzewiałe, left factory as well as antique, stone chapel. Sounds underline climate of game apokaliptyczny.

translation of about page
stash

Who can I download de project

Post by stash »

Hey guys! Who can I download de project ?? The web link is broken.
stash

Re: Nuclear Spark

Post by stash »

Hi, this project is done? Morpheus is out of Irrlicht comunity? Someone has the pre-alpha game version ?
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

Face it, none of the guys associated with this game or those that commented on this post up to 2005 still visit this forum, I would be highly surprised if they did. The game is also from the very early days of Irrlicht, so whatever you wanted to do with it other than just play the demo, is likely pointless as the code would need massive changes. Sorry to dash your hopes like that. :|
MasterD

Post by MasterD »

Actually, for some strange reasons, I monitored this thread and got an email for that previous post. The bad thing was, I couldn't remember at all, what this game was, but, thanks to the irrlicht projects archive, I got an idea what it was. Aaah, the good ol' times :)
But apart from that, I visit irrlicht's forum maybe twice a year ... :roll:
YASS - Yet another Space Shooter
under Devolpment, see http://yass-engine.de
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

Ok, I was wrong! Nice to see that people have such a long connection with Irrlicht :D
Maybe there still might be existing files of this project after all stash ;)