Build A World - new massive game, using Irrlicht

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
sodandk
Competition winner

Re: Build A World - new massive game, using Irrlicht

Post by sodandk »

jCharler wrote:Amazing wonderful.

Since the BAW engine will be used as a simulation and visualisation tool.
Does this mean excellent tools to make machinima, including easy to use in game camera's, scripting of actions and non real time rendering for machinima.

Does the saving of map as jpg counts for the whole map or a static, fixed size piece of the map?
Would like to be able to save jpg's with the ability to choose the resolution (e.g.1 pixel per block, 10 pixels per block, 0.1 pixels per block) of the jpg pixels.
And be able to choose size, fixed size or the whole map.
Will gamers with a dual screen setup be able to have the minimap take in a whole screen?
That would be very impressive and useful for navigation purposes.

The animals would be an awesome addition when finished.
I do notice most animals don't have both genders. And chickens need eggs.
We've been talking about scripting etc.

Yes, next version (in some weeks) you can save the entire map as a jpg. (already works).
Dual screen, you got it.

haha, Yes, eggs there will be and with the pathfinding also, they will appear more intelligent as move around much better.
Can find their pray or home. NPC's also.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_aQSqx-r3A
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

We've added a Color Grading/Correction pipeline just like in CryEngine 3 (you use photoshop and color charts then load as 3d textures)

sodandk
Competition winner

Post by sodandk »

this particular colorsheme is to be used for Savanna.
like this http://medias.photodeck.com/eda1ecac-39 ... gaplus.jpg
sodandk
Competition winner

Post by sodandk »

Tech Demo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Dvo8Zkwlo

A 'world cache' has been added, so that areas of the world, even complex areas with lightning etc., appears fast.
Here's a demo with 'Far View distance' in a large city.
sodandk
Competition winner

Post by sodandk »

>>>>Does the saving of map as jpg counts for the whole map or a static, fixed size piece of the map?

Full map jpg now ready, auto refreshes in browser. Put browser on another monitor :-)

Look at maps now... hm.... needs better and more natural looking large areas.

sodandk
Competition winner

Post by sodandk »

jCharler wrote:
sodandk wrote:Tech Demo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Dvo8Zkwlo

A 'world cache' has been added, so that areas of the world, even complex areas with lightning etc., appears fast.
Here's a demo with 'Far View distance' in a large city.
Looks great. Can notice the movements and rendering seems very fluent.
Are you caching the world into ram?

If so, people with 16 GB ram or more will be very pleased with the potential speedups.
Uses the harddrive for caching.
Finds the drive with most available space, then uses 5 GB max (for now). Auto-cleans the folder.
Even removes the folder, if suddenly the harddrive gets filled.
sodandk
Competition winner

Post by sodandk »

Well, you can point it to a ramdisk, but the most time is spent decompressing the data. We use lz4 for the cache. Lz4 is surprisingly fast.
For net-communication and map storage we use lzma, which compresses twice as good as zlib, with same speed.
sodandk
Competition winner

Post by sodandk »

Tech Demo of fullspeed gravity - version 3.
Last and final version coming up soon, with a huge speedup of detection of blocks that have been detached and needs to fall.
Also version 4 will have 'water-detachment'. Detachment of water from the 'ocean' so the 'local' water can be pumped away. Also water will be able to flow down etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fuCd1z1 ... YP5O9s0JyA
sodandk
Competition winner

Post by sodandk »

... and the new highspeed low drag fullspeed gravity detection system in all its glory!
version 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrKwKR1yrEs
sodandk
Competition winner

Post by sodandk »

This is done by multithreaded code on the CPU. The most CPU power is first used to find blocks that have become
detached from the world, and then animating them fluently down. A ton of work has gone into this but we think it has come
out allright :-)
The crashing is to be tweaked ...
There is yet another version coming up, where the engine will find waterblocks that have 'detached' from the ocean, and
then can be pumped away and waterblocks will fall down into a pool like the real world (instead of the current 'stacking').
sodandk
Competition winner

Post by sodandk »

jCharler wrote:Will this falling behaviour also work with other fluids? (Oil, etc...)
oil, water etc. already falls... also oil flows up in water and stays at surface... (oilspill)
sodandk
Competition winner

Post by sodandk »

jCharler wrote:I meant will it fall into a pool like in the real world instead of the current stacking.
yes! :-)
Harch

Post by Harch »

Good day, dear friends. I am a Russian programmer, one of the main basically Russian-speaking community of irrlicht engine. I do not know much English. Therefore translate into Google translator. First of all I express my admiration for this project. It's beautiful. I write in this topic, as is likely, the developers faced with my problem. In our community of I no one could help. The problem is as follows:
1) I am writing cubic game too (as in this topic).
2) When I tried to transparency, there was the following: if some other chunk with transparent blocks was created before I changed (rebuilt) any other chunk with transparent blocks, then through the transparent blocks are the first chunk is not visible blocks of the second chunk. Skybox and other previously created chunks visible. I tried hard to set parameters ESNRP_TRANSPARENT and ESNRP_SOLID. It did not help. I for transparent blocks using a node with the type EMT_TRANSPARENT_ALPHA_CHANNEL. For the other EMT_SOLID. Just do all hardware mapping hint for the vertex and index. And then there is a problem. It turns out that the engine sorts the nodes are not in the order range, and in order to create something very similar to an error. Engine version 1.8.1 (OpenGL driver). Help, please. I would be very grateful. Sorry for the bad translation.
Harch

Post by Harch »

I kind of found a solution. I'm off the record in the depth buffer. Thank you :)