New version is out:
Update 31-10-2016 (version 0.666/rev.4182)
- All users should uninstall and reinstall, to get all the latest features !
so we recommend that you UNINSTALL Build A World, and reinstall it.
Get the installer from: http://www.buildaworld.net/download
- 4 new Tutorials
- Menus have been reorganised, and settings have become more detailed.
- Unlimited amount of vegetation, and other detailed blocks (demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbfZuTpFdYU
- TV block, which can show youtube movies. (demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FnNcnJWeTk
- Cash Register / Shop block (which connects to nearby containers, so users can buy whats in containers)
- Item Exchange (which connects to nearby containers, so the game can buy items)
- Soil dries over time (demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5axCbGkLWM
) if settings 'Water Evaporation' is set.
- Dry grass will now burn
- Overview map (hit 'O') now has a map overview
- Minimap and overview map are now colored.
- A number of 'Fences' have been added. (new constructions, search for 'fence')
- A new faster Spring block
- An EDU version now exists ( http://edu.buildaworld.net/
The EDU version will be launched soon.
- The Renderer now correctly handles nVidia, Radeon and Intel GPU's.
- OpenGL Core Profile 3.3 compliance
- STL 3d printing model export fixed
- Various Intel HD Graphics workarounds
- Tons of tech things has changed 'under the hood'
- General FPS is up by 30-100%
- Direct State Access OpenGL used by default with workarounds just for Intel
- Reverse Z-Buffer
- New SIMD optimized raycast system
- The graphics engine changed to a radical fork of Irrlicht 1.8.3
- A number of linear algebra,vector math and scene graph optimizations
- A number of things moved from CPU to GPU using Transform Feedback
- High Performance Animation System and Hardware Skinning for mobs on all GPUs
- Meshes are now instanced and GPU culled for maximum speed performance.
- Client uses less memory.
- Client uses multi-threaded OpenGL for asynchronous buffer streaming
- Server now uses thread for compression (raknet)
- Custom voxelization routines for importing GIS data
- There is some stuttering due to waiting for GPU culling queries
- Quick Select bar does not save.
- currently the visual 3D cache is disabled (untill next update)
- not all settings have effect yet.
- no Tessellation Shaders for Radeon (use CPU tessellation instead)
- Occlusion Culling disabled until a new implementation
Hidden in this release (ready for next)
- a number of plants, for growing food
- a number of teacher functions ( for the edu version)