You're the villain - 48 hour game - LudumDare25 competition

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Strong99
Admin

You're the villain - 48 hour game - LudumDare25 competition

Post by Strong99 »

I once again participated in the Ludum Dare competition, a competition to create a game in 48 hours from scratch. The theme this time was: You're the villain.

My concept was created in half an hour in which I was reminded about all those bad guys always trying to destroy the Earth but always lose and end up in jail or something. Not this time, this time you're the villain and a game without winning is not fun. So, this time you, the villain, will blow up the Earth starting with the two cities on your TODO list, New York and Philadelphia. Because in those Hollywood movies they're always so easily tricked. :wink: Never saw a movie were they do that in Brussel or Amsterdam ^^

Image Image

Obviously the heroes try to interrupt your evil plans but you found a way to lock them in the dockingbay were they try to cut the door. This gives you the time to go destroying the Earth. Sadly your station is not fit for such powerful ray and it starts to collapse.

Command your drones to repair the station as you try to blast Earth back to the medieval.

Features:
* Wall panels with an interactive core damage meter
* Interactive mini map and keypad
* Fire button
* 6 repair drones
* Several rooms

Ludum Dare entry page

Download windows version

Download source version

Tools used:
Irrlicht 1.8, Irrklang, Illustrator, Photoshop, Audacity, Anvil, Visual Studio 2012

If anyone could setup a makefile/project for compiling it under a linux version! I would be glad! I normally use MS Visual studio and windows...
greenya

Re: You're the villain - 48 hour game - LudumDare25 competit

Post by greenya »

Very nice for 48 hours result.
You are the man! :)