A better room for the demo [WIP]

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
ACE247

Re: A better room for the demo [WIP]

Post by ACE247 »

Yeah we put nothing code wise in the demo so far! :D
It's just modelling work at the moment.
But If you want to help feel free to code something up, I will soon have an update for the repository and generate a complete .irr scene file plus meshes and textures. Have you had a look at either of the blendfiles already? The one with the mountain ladnscape will have a sort of destroyed ancient village in it still and the underground caves.
I also have plans for a sort of Unigine Heaven equivalent scene, called Tiny World. Which will hopefully become the new irrlicht default example scene.
Granyte

Post by Granyte »

i can give it a go basicaly i should load all the blend files?

i was afraid it was vs2012 that was screwin up around
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

No only need to load the testObjects.blend or for the one with the mountain scape testObjects_alt.blend
Granyte

Post by Granyte »

well i don't know how to load blend files in irrlicht and don't have blender
Mikhail9

Post by Mikhail9 »

I'm confident you can afford it.
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

LOL! XD
Granyte

Post by Granyte »

that's absolutly not the point i'm on a borrowed computer until mine is repared and i'm trying to instal the least program i can on it
alrusdi

Post by alrusdi »

ACE247 du abandoned the project? Very interesting. Will happy to help u somewhat.
Sorry for my english :-)
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

Certainly have not abandoned the project. But with my real job and other interests/hobbies there is little time left for this.
dialNforNinja

Post by dialNforNinja »

WRT sandstorm - set fog to tan and close, put a big cylinder around the player with a mostly transparent, animated 'blowing sand' texture, add a couple of big quads with it that 'blow' past at odd angles and intervals, and a windy sound loop. A particle system (based on a sparser, low altitude CCloudSceneNode with added wind motion? Variable weather & time of day would rock) can fill out the high-spec detail option instead of the drifting quads.

To say it in lolcat, "We haz awesome, let us show them it."
dialNforNinja

Post by dialNforNinja »

Okay, I just checked, and the sandstorm fx I was thinking of is actually a bit different - it's three layers of huge billboard particles spawned in a cylinder around the player with the animated texture (perlin noise, looks like it's just sliding across the surface, not animated images.)

CCSN's clouds would be a much better rendition than that with just a more patchy, sand colored texture map and some wind motion, just dial the particle density up or down.

(THERE'S the edit button - stupid PSP browser..)