Night of the Zombies [FPS game]

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
arnir
Competition winner

Re: Night of the Zombies [FPS game]

Post by arnir »

we have more plans than time :D but yes, more maps and also co-op multiplayer is planned
edit: I have already done some tests with multiplayer (virtual connection over UDP, server-side event based system etc. all multiplatform) but not event started to implement it to the game yet
programmer is bad designer
designer is bad programmer
kazymjir

Post by kazymjir »

arnir wrote:I think the climb animation is fine :wink: (I made it :lol: )
Yes, these are perfect
the time between waves is too long
I think its just right and I don't understand your 'time-limit' idea :?
By time-limit idea I mean: Currently, each wave ends by killing the last zombie, then another wave begins. Such solution can be used later for "cheating" in multiplayer. I can kill all zombies but leave one. Then, I can without a problem repair all barricades, buy ammo and I am well protected for another wave. With time-limited wave, the player will be not unable to do such thing. For example, 1st wave can has 30 seconds before 2nd wave, next have will have 45 seconds, etc.
[/quote]
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

Hi, this game remind me a lot from " Call of Duty - Nazy Zombies" (Seem that you even took some sound from it :D). Congrat! Even if the game look the same and has the same ingredients/style you where able to make this with Irrlicht with limited ressources and zero budget. They (Call of Duty developper) has much more ressources and a lot bigger team! Impressed that you were able to pull it off with so few people!

I had tons of fun playing with it!

Are the guns were made for a Source (Half Life/Valve) type game? They look really nice and they models/animation really seem similar on what I saw in the Source Engine when I was making mods at my Level Design school... How were you able to convert that?

It also happened to me once that the zombies get stuck out in the field in a corner (look like a node that they seemed to turn around and get back on it). I was able to continue playing by killing them. ("the corner" when it happened to me, is near the truck with the lights). Seen also some zombie walk in objects (mostly the fence) has their path was somewhat wrong. They were walking to get to a barricade point but they were walking inside the mesh of the fence.

Had also little issues, when the zombie were climbing off the barricade, If I were there, the mesh was entering the view and I was not able to hit the zombie at all. (using the knife or any other weapon)

Later if your modeler/animator can, it would be nice to have other models of zombies (not just new textures but other meshes, womens, big fat guys/gals, etc ). The trick of replacing the mesh with one that has no head is great! It just give the impression that you blowed the head off! Irrlicht has a command that use the animations from another model, if you "rig" is the same they could use the animations from the other model, the only constraint, is that you need to have ALL the animations inside because it will affect the animations of all instances of the model you apply it on.
hendu

Post by hendu »

One more bug: occasionally you get stuck -inside- a zombie ;)

If you stand right in front when he climbs over the fence, you can end up inside him, being unable to move in any direction.
Granyte

Post by Granyte »

odd like every opengl based software i seen this lagg to hell on my computer but i oter that when i get the blood effect on my screen everything get super smooth again until it go away
theweirdn8

Post by theweirdn8 »

The game wouldn't work right. It went to a menu that had white boxes that appeared to be a menu and they were highlighted to red.

I tried it about 3 times and it did the same thing.
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

Post by Cube_ »

@Granyte
You say every OpenGL game lags on your comp...
What graphics card do you have?
"this is not the bottleneck you are looking for"
Granyte

Post by Granyte »

ati radeon 4850 mobility
but the oodd thing is that when i ged the blod effect on my scrren everything become smooth again

also the irrlciht demo run perfectly fine on my computer
jorgerosa
Competition winner

Post by jorgerosa »

This game is AWESOME!
BUT... Besides zombies, I prefered that "real" feeling, (Like Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, Wolfenstein ET, Battlefield, I think you got the main idea...) stuff like "real" human soldiers, and "real" guns... (But thats me! I have a "zombies", "super powers", etc... between many other American sh** trauma... :wink: And my comment means nothing.) I just LOVED the game, is really awesome, great work!
THANKYOU for share it!
Burns

Post by Burns »

Multiplayer version would be amazing!
arnir
Competition winner

Post by arnir »

Thanks for comments :)
Burns wrote:Multiplayer version would be amazing!
stay tuned :wink:
arnir
Competition winner

Post by arnir »

doing some alpha testing of multiplayer co-op mode :idea: looking good 8)
still keeping it platform-independent so looking forward to linux & windows cooperation :lol:
arnir
Competition winner

Post by arnir »

new navigation system. includes automatic generation and pathfinding itself should be REALLY fast

christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

Cool! What did you use for pathfinding?
arnir
Competition winner

Post by arnir »

everything is written from scratch, but the core is classic A*