Night of the Zombies [FPS game]

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki

Re: Night of the Zombies [FPS game]

Postby Burns » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:40 pm

I dind't realize that bottom right there are "Makarov" Name :P
Burns

Postby arnir » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:41 pm

Released version of the game was still running on old Irrlicht 1.4.2, so I was thinking about to upgrade to irrlicht 1.8. There was a lot little changes need to be fixed in game code, but I want see the performance results of new irr version.
The results are little strange:
Irrlicht 1.4.2............170 fps
Irrlicht 1.8...............90 fps

I hope there will be an performance boost, and not slowdown...:? ?
any suggestions?
programmer is bad designer
designer is bad programmer
arnir
Competition winner

Postby devsh » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:30 pm

slow C++, scenemanager stuff, useless driver calls
We chose to stream mesh data from Multiple OpenGL Contexts in many threads and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard! - JFK
devsh
Competition winner

Postby arnir » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:08 pm

checkout our site for new screenshost (HOT! :lol: )
http://kilobytegames.wz.cz/
arnir
Competition winner

Postby RonnieNeeley » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:47 am

Excellent game! Really enjoy this!

However, I have a graphical error. Unfortunately I can't attach a screenshot as I tried to open Night of the Zombies (as I have many times), and my antivirus software deleted the .exe for some reason, and I'm not sure how to get it back. I also cannot find another working download of your game (Rapidshare link gives an error, GameFront link doesn't actually do anything when I press the download button), so I'll do my best to describe it.

Basically, the ground was silver. I'm certain it is an issue with the fog. But the ground was silver (not the normal grass texture). I would *sometimes* get the grass texture when I was standing in the car headlights, but that was only for a moment.

Regardless the game is fun, and I look forward to the future update you have shown screenshots of.

(EDIT: I have Intel® Core i5-3210M Processor, and no dedicated graphics card. My drivers are all up to date, etc.)
RonnieNeeley

Postby arnir » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:11 pm

I'll fix the rapidshare link but the second one still working for me.
thanks for praise :-)
about the graphic issue: I am not sure what is it but I've already done some radical changes in engine so I think there won't be any problems in the next release
arnir
Competition winner

Postby RonnieNeeley » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:51 am

arnir wrote:I'll fix the rapidshare link but the second one still working for me.
thanks for praise :-)
about the graphic issue: I am not sure what is it but I've already done some radical changes in engine so I think there won't be any problems in the next release

Sounds good!

When do you think the next release will be? ;)
RonnieNeeley

Postby Asimov » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:17 am

Hi anir,

I just played your game and loved it, but what is missing is a good story, like in Resident evil, and Silent hill, and maybe puzzles to work out.
Instead of paying to open a door, maybe find a key. Perhaps even one of the zombies has a key on a chain.

How about flame throwers, and the ability to leave mines behind, or trip wires. Would be cool to set up a trap and wait for a zombie to blow himself to bits.
How about finding fresh meat and using it to lure the zombies to a part of a map where you have a bomb rigged to explode.

I actually like the game.
Asimov

Previous

Return to Project Announcements