IrrNaCl - Irrlicht port for Google Native Client

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
codetiger

Re: IrrNaCl - Irrlicht port for Google Native Client

Post by codetiger »

Mequa wrote:Hi, is it possible for IrrNaCl to grab the mouse from a Chrome window/tab, such as when using the built-in Irrlicht FPS camera or similar user-defined cameras?
Yes NaCL allows doing this and there is an example explaining this. I've did not implement this feature in IrrNacl yet.
IrrNaCl - Irrlicht Port for Google Chrome Native Client - Demo

Iyan 3D - Make your own 3d animation using your iOS Device
Mequa

Post by Mequa »

Any instructions on building IrrNaCl?

After installing and testing the NaCl SDK, I extracted the source (on Win7) to nacl_sdk\pepper_21\examples\irrnacl
When I attempt to run make.bat, I get the following error:

"In file included from CImageLoaderPNG.cpp:18:
CReadFile.h:13:42: error: nacl-mounts/base/KernelProxy.h: No such file or directory"

How do I install the needed dependencies?
codetiger

Post by codetiger »

The current source uses Nacl-mounts for filesystem. So you have to download the files and place it along the sources. You can download nacl-mounts from nacl-ports repository here. http://code.google.com/p/naclports/

EagleEye

Post by EagleEye »

I started Make.bat around 4PM. It is now 11PM. The cmd window is still only showing:

Code: Select all

C:/nacl/nacl_sdk/pepper_23/toolchain/win_x86_newlib/bin/i686-nacl-gcc -Iinclude -Izlib -Ilibpng -DIRRLICHT_EXPORTS=1 -MM -MF bzip2/bzlib.d  bzip2/bzlib.c
Does it just take forever to compile this? It's using less than 1% of my CPU time, and I can't tell if it's doing anything. (If it is, it should really give some sort of indication that it's making progress and not just softlocked.)
codetiger

Post by codetiger »

EagleEye wrote:Does it just take forever to compile this?
It usually doesn't take more than a sec for most files.

I'll be working on updating IrrNaCL to new versions of Irrlicht and NaCL compiler in mid of this month. I'll keep you posted here

Mequa

Post by Mequa »

codetiger wrote:
Mequa wrote:Hi, is it possible for IrrNaCl to grab the mouse from a Chrome window/tab, such as when using the built-in Irrlicht FPS camera or similar user-defined cameras?
Yes NaCL allows doing this and there is an example explaining this. I've did not implement this feature in IrrNacl yet.
Will this feature be implemented soon?

My game needs the FPS camera (toggled by right click to capture/free the mouse) as well as simple textured cuboids and a skybox (the latter shouldn't be a problem for IrrNaCl).
I'll likely add it to the Chrome Web Store as a free game when ported to NaCl.