Hi, This is another release of IRR RPG BUILDER:
What is RPG Builder?:
IrrRPG Builder is a simple and powerful tool designed to help people new to programming and/or players who want to create RPG games without advanced knowledge in programming languages. This tool has a simple interface that enables the creation of 3D environments very quickly. The Lua scripting language is integrated into the system and assists the creation of game logic, artificial intelligence of NPCs and enemies.Current released version is 0.31 alpha: (Feb 2015)
-Now available for Windows in a setup package!
-Basic projectile system implemented!
-Implemented a experimental shadow mapping system (XEffect) (Still need room for performance improvement, got around 30fps on Intel integrated now)
-Improved the configuration panel GUI and added more options!
-Default player controls can be set via the configuration panel!
-Default format for terrain tiles meshes save can be set via the configuration panel! The user as a format choice between .OBJ (Wavefront), .DAE (Collada) and .B3D (Blitz 3D)
-Default player title picture can be set from the configuration panel
-Default player project can be set from the configuration panel!
-Much more!version: 0.3 Alpha
Windows & Linux (Ubuntu 64Bit) version available
- Terrain engine reworked, shaders, tile mechanism, saving loading (Thank for Hendu for the B3D saver). Much faster project loading!
- Terrain tools improved, brush more responsive, vegetation tools to reposition trees on the ground, etc.
- Interface improved added new modes and submodes, numeric inputs are available to move/rotate/scale models
- Scaled models will scale their velocity!
- 3D Maya type camera for editing, RTS, FPS or RPG style cameras
for ingame (selectable via the GUI or by issuing LUA commands)
- Can redefine materials on model templates, new "Collections" way for the library, easier to add new stuff to the templates.
- Models can use external animations files (models can share animations, the only thing required is that the models share the same skeletons)
- Model can have attachments points (could add/remove stuff to models from LUA), will be useful to use weapons, helmets, etc.
- Can spawn about anything on the map from a LUA command!
- New Loot subsystem, that allow to pick an object (dynamic object), store it in the player inventory, use it or drop it.
- Can create cutscenes via LUA, by moving a static camera and triggering animations on characters and music/sound.
- User manual and lua documentation, some video on the forum/web site (more coming)
- And a lot more!A few notes about Irrlicht used here:
- All GUI are Irrlicht native, + some added (stretchable windows + mouse pointer shape changes when the windows is scaled), stretchable panels, with button expand feature. Added a more advanced saver/loader GUI (Also can be stretched)
- Irrlicht 1.9 SVN is used with this version + 2 patches (My patch for the file selector list + the Hendu patch for the B3D saver), This patched version of Irrlicht is distributed with the source of the project, so no need to patch if you get the source and want to recompile the library.Video:
Here is quick video presentation of IRB on Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EMOoWE18SA&index=1&list=PLdWany1J7NeVXxb-shWB1hIuxhclGghdHLatests screenshots:March 2012
- NEW: Updated IRRlicht to 1.7.3
- NEW: Reworked the interface so it mimic the wxWidget prototype we had. (This release is 100% Irrlicht)
- NEW: edit camera, based on the IRRlicht Maya Camera. Editing is much improved.
- NEW: Dynamic object highlighting improve precision when moving and placing objects on the map.
- NEW: All Characters now go to "pause" when the player look it's inventory/status window.
- NEW: Animation transitions! Animations look much better.
- NEW: File selector GUI with windows stretching, drive widget and favorite folders
- NEW: New scripts (Potion vendor, etc.)
- NEW: New example projects (IGDA Demo, big map example etc.)
- Update: Updated the script editor with the version from the IRRext repository
- Update: Restructuration of the project folders so it's easier to edit
- Update: The game camera is now following the player and not directly attached to it. Better feeling of movement now.
- Update: Linux project can build the editor and the player (Release and Debug version)
- Fix: Animation events are properly detected (were missing a lot of event before the fix). Animation is much improved now.
- Fix: Water and terrain shaders have been checked to compile on recent ATI, NVIDIA & INTEL hardware (Intel has clipping issue due to a problematic driver)
- Fix: Animation jitter from player when going from walk to run animation
- Fix: Uppercase/Lowercase typos in filenames for the Linux build
- Fix: Check the for death animation, then if the "despawn" animation is not present, dispose of the character properly.
- Fix: Healthbar was displayed for a split second when the character was put on the map.
- Removed: Removed some old meshes and textures that were no longer needed (have already been replaced with better assets)
In this version, we created Linux type archives (tar.gz) and windows (.zip) separate. So it should be easier to try it out on each platforms.
I'll update this thread as the project progress advance.
Check for details on the web site: