Gmax VT's out!

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Ingurum

Post by Ingurum »

humm as the q3 maps alway have to be convex and converting concave stuff into convex explodes the polycount, it would be interesting if you could say how to export to another format

wops double post srry
Last edited by Ingurum on Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

there's an script exporting as OBJ, but that will not carry collissions, portal visibility, lights and lightmaps intoa game, like aefecelis workflow does.

OBJ can have any type of geometry, anyway.

There's the script link in tools sticky, I think it's now also in the old tools site from Bal, where I uploaded it.

There's a trick to do with the mouse,(to be able to copy all the content in the gmax listener) it's linked in tools or faq sticky.
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

"would love to see a tut bout character implemantation in irr, with a gmax tut ^^"

Maybe you could use then md3 exporter for Gmax, at mojo.gmaxsupport.com
(but md3 forces you to hide uv seams in non seen parts of geometry)

and use the r2d2 loader

There's a good md5 exporter, but irrlicht bones format is x.

I dream of someday someone making an dx8+ x plugin for gmax :)
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
Ingurum

Post by Ingurum »

thanks vermeer,

ok obj sounds good, how can u then handle the collision?
maybe a outdoor map making tut would be nice.
for loading obj files just change the extension in afecelis's source?

which toolsite do u mean with bal's `? // edit : found ;)

for the character stuff:
the format converting isnt really the problem, with 3d exploration or milkshape as interface. the problem might be adding bones and create animations right for irrlicht. and the coding stuff.. . oh dear .. i not once could set irrlicht up in devcpp with the tutorial :S
//edit
.3ds works fine with me :D

did someone try gmax tempest gamepack for creating q3 lvls?
sanoru

cant work Q3map2build

Post by sanoru »

Sorry for posting so late but im having a problem when i try to compile the .MAP file. When I use Q3map2build I follow the directions in the tutorial and everything but there is absolotly no output (.bsd or anything) i tried using both my and your .map file neither works :(
sanoru

^^^^

Post by sanoru »

ok i got it to work and if anyone else is having the same problem just make sure you have Q3map2build AND the Q3map2 file from wereever in the same folder

Post by Guest »

I cant´t watch the videos, only audio.
:cry:
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

you need to get the proper codec for them

try downloading klite megacodec pack (google it) and you'll be set. It includes almost every major video compression codec out there ensuring your pc will be able to play any video file u throw at it :D
oh, found it here:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia ... Pack.shtml

Post by Guest »

I already have it but i can´t watch. The message is "Unknown file format(CVID)" from BSPlayer, i´ve downloaded but it still don´t work. What´s wrong?
P.S.: sorry my poor english.