Star Sonata 2 Beta Testing Announced

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
JeffL
Competition winner

Star Sonata 2 Beta Testing Announced

Post by JeffL »

We are pleased to announce that Beta testing of Star Sonata 2 will start Saturday, September 10, 2011.

Announcement video and trailer here: http://youtu.be/rEmwDZvXByg?hd=1

Star Sonata 2 is a massive upgrade to Star Sonata, the ultimate hybrid MMO of action based space combat, RPG depth and progression, and sprawling empire creation.

Star Sonata 2 improves upon the original with gorgeous 3d graphics, a greatly improved UI, RTS-like controls for your slaves, drones, and bases, invasions from inter-dimensional aliens that the players must band together to fight, expanded tech levels, and an amazing new musical score.

Sign up for beta testing now at http://www.StarSonata2.com. We will start releasing Beta keys on September 10.

The front end client is made using Irrlicht and the sound with Irrklang. The server is based on the original game, Star Sonata.

Click the following thumbnails for the full screen shots:

Radikalizm

Re: Star Sonata 2 Beta Testing Announced

Post by Radikalizm »

This looks sweet! Great job!

I'll be following this one, you rarely see such polished irrlicht games
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

Who's the genius that named their ship "Brave Sir Robin"?

On a serious note, you have a very solid community and an even more solid game. You should be very proud of what you've made
polylux

Post by polylux »

As you've moved over to a cross-platform graphics engine, can we expect a Linux client?
beer->setMotivationCallback(this);
JeffL
Competition winner

Post by JeffL »

Maybe. I know there are several people, including one of the developers that really want a Linux version. I'm honestly a little bit concerned that the increased support and QA burden might overwhelm the benefit. But for now, we're launching with just PC. I think if the numbers are strong and we can afford to put resources towards Linux, then we "definitely might" at some point.
tree8125

Post by tree8125 »

star sonata 2 is a complete joke that jeffl said they had been working on for years and for years and years of work they sure didn't change much and it's laggier than the first one an overall waste of 10 bucks a month c2 as it become known as was rushed and surely didn't take years and years of work well i suppose if it was hours & hours a day and the coding was done by a monkey it could have taken years knowing jeff thats probably what happened c1 is still better than c2 and the overall gameplay isnt too bad if u don't know anything about the original game but seeing as i do i've seen better stuff submitted by other players on the forums the controls r somewhat better so props to u there and i like the new friends list feature, and that's it other than that it sucks
Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

tree8125 wrote:star sonata 2 is a complete joke that jeffl said they had been working on for years and for years and years of work they sure didn't change much and it's laggier than the first one an overall waste of 10 bucks a month c2 as it become known as was rushed and surely didn't take years and years of work well i suppose if it was hours & hours a day and the coding was done by a monkey it could have taken years knowing jeff thats probably what happened c1 is still better than c2 and the overall gameplay isnt too bad if u don't know anything about the original game but seeing as i do i've seen better stuff submitted by other players on the forums the controls r somewhat better so props to u there and i like the new friends list feature, and that's it other than that it sucks
So, hang on, you registered on this forum with the sole purpose to post a completely incoherent rant about how you hate this game? How old are you?
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

Post by Cube_ »

I'd assume 12.
second this project looks really nice.
"this is not the bottleneck you are looking for"