deepMesh3D - Irrlicht powered 3D Modeler

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

Will normal mapping be added soon?
That would be illogical captain...

My first full game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/3DModel ... tor#tipjar
Innesoft

Post by Innesoft »

3DModelerMan wrote:Will normal mapping be added soon?
Hopefully; the only reason it's not in yet, is that Irrlicht's vertex types are pretty limited, so deepMesh uses 2TCoords instead of Tangents/Binormals.

Once I find a way to have both (or swap between them), normal mapping will go in.

The next release (version 1.1) adds .obj/.mtl exports, single-axis move/rotate/scale (by clicking axis arrows, as suggested earlier) a bunch of bug fixes and some new tools.

This will be out within a week hopefully, with bigger changes planned for a later update.
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

Alright. I can't wait. I notice you can add textures into the higher numbered slots already so it would be applied when I load it into the Irrlicht. How do you change the ambient, emissive, and specular material colors? And the shininess of the material too? Are those available yet? Or are they going to be in a later release?

My first full game:
Innesoft

Post by Innesoft »

3DModelerMan wrote:Alright. I can't wait. I notice you can add textures into the higher numbered slots already so it would be applied when I load it into the Irrlicht. How do you change the ambient, emissive, and specular material colors? And the shininess of the material too? Are those available yet? Or are they going to be in a later release?
To change the Ambient,Emissive,Specular colors (and everything else); select the material in the Material Panel, then select Material-->Advanced Material Properties from the menu. A window will open with a list of properties, which you can change by typing into the fields in the list.

See: http://deepmesh.innesoft.com/help/matprops2.htm

The Shininess property is the 4th slider in the Material Panel and can be changed from there.
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

Cool, thanks. I've got a few plugins I want to write too. If you create some sort of plugin repository I'll post them there.

My first full game:
Innesoft

Post by Innesoft »

Version 1.1 Now Available: This is a free update for v1.0 owners (you should receive an email with a download link) - I'm also extending the 'Early Adopter' discount a little longer for anyone who hasn't picked it up yet.

Edit to clarify: This update does not include fixes to format importers, which are still being worked on for the next version.
  • Added Wavefront .OBJ exporter
  • Added icons to object-list
  • Added axis labels to perspective view
  • Added single-axis editing by clicking on axis marker
  • Added Rotate Scene to Tools menu
  • Added .dpm file association/launch parameter
  • Added ability to click keyframe timeline to set frames
  • Fixed help-window/viewports control issue
  • Fixed .STL export duplication bug
  • Fixed UV-Mapper/mismatched surfaces bug
  • Manual updated, better navigation
*Grab it: http://deepmesh.innesoft.com/download.php

*exsisting users, wait for an email with the download link for the 1.1 full version, or send your Order Number to support[at]innesoft[dot]com

The animated .b3d import issue with some models should be fixed in a later version - until then; to avoid problems, make sure your bones are correctly aligned with the mesh in the default pose. Most .b3d models will import without any problems - this is only an issue for certain exporters.
Gorbstein

Post by Gorbstein »

I was going to download it as the UV unwrapping looks cool. However, I notice this is disabled in the demo so I cant' see if it fits what I'm looking for. Ho hum.
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

Maybe some videos of most important features would help some people to decide :roll:
Working on game: Marrbles (Currently stopped).
Innesoft

Post by Innesoft »

Gorbstein wrote:I was going to download it as the UV unwrapping looks cool. However, I notice this is disabled in the demo so I cant' see if it fits what I'm looking for. Ho hum.
The UV-Mapper is included in the demo, which allows manual editing and several auto-unwrapping modes. Only UV-Atlas unwrap (and the atlas-based LM-pack) is disabled in the demo.
Maybe some videos of most important features would help some people to decide
I plan to do this asap.. been chained to the bugs/feature requests list for 2 weeks now.
Innesoft

Version 1.2

Post by Innesoft »

ImageImage
:arrow: deepMesh version 1.2 is now available - as always, this is a free update for deepMesh owners, just email your order-number to support-at-innesoft-dot-com for a download link.

Grab the new demo: http://deepmesh.innesoft.com/download.php
  • Added importer options windows
  • Added weights/keyframe support to .MS3D importer
  • Added weights/keyframe support to .X importer
  • Added wireframe to primitive preview
  • Added object-list icon for splits
  • Added spacebar fine-control in UV-Mapper and Edit Panel
  • Added several GUI/input improvements
  • Removed attempt to save to application folder, fixes win7 conflict
  • Fixed animated .B3D multi-surface import
  • Fixed .B3D import rotated bones bug
  • Fixed bone-assignment transforms in edit mode
  • Fixed axis-dragging controls
  • Fixed recent files not being added on SaveAs
  • Fixed parented axis dragging bug
  • Fixed controls during lost focus bug
  • Installer improvements
  • Manual updates & corrections
The 30% discount code will expire on June 1st - If you haven't picked up a copy yet, enter the code "IRRLICHT30" (without quotes) on the order form.
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

Hey, I just downloaded the latest update. Nice work. Will the plugin system be ready soon? I'm really itching to write some plugins for Deepmesh.

My first full game:
Innesoft

Post by Innesoft »

3DModelerMan wrote:Hey, I just downloaded the latest update. Nice work. Will the plugin system be ready soon? I'm really itching to write some plugins for Deepmesh.
Thanks, I'm itching for plugins too! These early updates have been mostly about getting everything stable.. now I can focus on adding new features, so yes.. plugins will be available in the near future. :D

Also..

RE: Free Updates for deepMesh Owners
I'm automating the update process as much as I can.. there's far too many users to keep track of manually, so..

Self-service update form...
http://deepmesh.innesoft.com/update.php :mrgreen:

aaand... in the next version I'll add 'Check for Updates' to the program.
3DModelerMan

Re: deepMesh3D - Irrlicht powered 3D Modeler

Post by 3DModelerMan »

When is the version with plugin support going to be available?

My first full game:
Innesoft

Post by Innesoft »

3DModelerMan wrote:When is the version with plugin support going to be available?
All i can say is, as soon as it's ready. Plugin support is quite a big feature, and something I want to get right - it's definitely on the list, and there is a big update being worked on right now, so I'll send a mass-mail to everyone when it's almost ready.

What you can do, is send me a list of 'must-have' functionality for plug-ins (if you like), and what you'd like to see etc.. which will help shape the plug-in support to be a useful addition. I do listen to every suggestion. You can PM me, or send and email to support-at-innesoft-dot-com whichever you prefer.

When it was first released, updates were almost weekly because lots of small bugs, features etc.. were easy to add/fix. The updates are coming slower now only because the improvements are getting bigger, and I had to take a month out to redo the main site etc..

tl;dr- it's coming! :)
deepMesh v1.2 - Irrlicht powered 3D Modeler, Animator, UVMapper, Lightmapper
The Software Marketplace - Latest software deals on Games, Applications and Developer Tools
Innesoft

Post by Innesoft »

:!: deepMesh v1.3 is now available! If you already own v1.2 or older, check your email for a download link to 1.3 (free upgrade)

In a nutshell: It's been a while since the last update, and I wanted to get v1.3 released before xmas, so here it is, with many new features and bug-fixes. Not all suggestions and feature-requests have made it into this update, some of which have been pushed back to v1.4.. but this is a MAJOR update, and it's highly recommended that you upgrade (keep a copy of your current version, in-case you need to roll-back).

Many thanks for the continued feedback, requests and general banter from deepMesh users via email - keep it coming, and if you find deepMesh useful, please help spread the word, as lots of users keeps updates nice and regular. :)

New features for v1.3
  • Added Collada (.dae) export
  • Selecting vertices is now many times faster
  • Added Group-select, multiple-select, select-all
  • Added Shortcut keys to select next,previous object
  • Added position/rotation info to frames panel
  • Added more keyboard shortcuts
  • Perspective camera orientation is now kept when switching view-modes
  • Fixed issues with auto-focus on child objects
  • Finer controls for light-range slider
  • Added option to scale light-markers small/medium/large
  • Added ability to move/rotate preview before building
  • Added 'Combine Matching Meshbuffers' optimization
  • Split meshbuffers into seperate mesh-objects
  • Merge meshes now auto-populates with selected group
  • Added 'show activation-key' to help menu
  • Inherits all fixes from v1.2c limited release
  • Minor manual updates
Grab the v1.3 Demo: HERE
Buy deepMesh v1.3 Full Version: HERE
deepMesh v1.2 - Irrlicht powered 3D Modeler, Animator, UVMapper, Lightmapper
The Software Marketplace - Latest software deals on Games, Applications and Developer Tools