deepMesh3D - Irrlicht powered 3D Modeler

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Innesoft

deepMesh3D - Irrlicht powered 3D Modeler

Post by Innesoft »

Image deepMesh is a 3D modeling, animation, uvmapping and lightmapping application built with irrlicht. The materials are based on irrlicht enums, so what you see in the editor, is what you get in the export.

ImageImageImage

In a nutshell...

:arrow: As well as introducing the deepMesh (.dpm) model format, it also imports and exports to several third-party model formats including .x, .3ds, .b3d, .obj, .smd, .irrmesh, and ogre .xml (22 total imports, and 10 export formats)

:arrow: Boned keyframe animation is currently supported for .b3d and .dpm formats, with much wider animation support planned for the next version.

:arrow: Models can be built from scratch using the mesh editor, or with the 28 primitive types available, including your regular cubes, spheres, cones, torus etc.. as well as more advanced shapes like 3DText, pipes, coils and more.

:arrow: The integrated UVMapper and Auto-Texturing tools allow you to quickly create seamless texturing with the sweep of a mouse, or unwrap the model automatically with UVAtlas, Planar or Projective mapping tools.
  • Primitive-based modelling with over 28 primitive types
  • Create and edit models from scratch with the vertex editor and mesh builder
  • Import support for 20 model formats, (including .x, .3ds, .b3d, .obj, ogre .mesh, collada and irrlicht)
  • Export support for .x, .3ds, .b3d, irrlicht .irrmesh, ogre .xml, .smd, luxrender and .ply
  • The deepMesh model format provides deep control of animated or static models
  • Material editor allows direct painting of faces with up to 4 texture-layers per material
  • Powerful mesh modifiers and editing tools
  • Boolean operations (CSG) for carving complex shapes from primitives
  • Integrated UV Mapper with a range of auto-unwrap and manual editing tools
  • Mesh optimization tools for welding, polygon reduction and cleanup
  • Support for keyframe animation, bones (skinning) and hierarchical animation
  • Integrated direct-illumination lightmapper
  • Illustrated user-manual covers over 50 topics with step-by-step tutorials
  • Free updates for life - Buy once, update for free.. forever.
How to get it..
Find out more about the features at.. www.deepmesh3d.com

You can try the deepMesh 1.3 Demo (feature-limited) [here]

Major Update: Version 1.3 is now available - deepMesh owners check your email for a download link to the latest version.

New features in v1.3...
  • Added Collada (.dae) export
  • Selecting vertices is now many times faster
  • Added Group-select, multiple-select, select-all
  • Added Shortcut keys to select next,previous object
  • Added position/rotation info to frames panel
  • Added more keyboard shortcuts
  • Perspective camera orientation is now kept when switching view-modes
  • Fixed issues with auto-focus on child objects
  • Finer controls for light-range slider
  • Added option to scale light-markers small/medium/large
  • Added ability to move/rotate preview before building
  • Added 'Combine Matching Meshbuffers' optimization
  • Split meshbuffers into seperate mesh-objects
  • Merge meshes now auto-populates with selected group
  • Added 'show activation-key' to help menu
  • Inherits all fixes from v1.2c limited release
  • Minor manual updates
Last edited by Innesoft on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

Looks really impressive.
Is this windows only for any big reason?
Working on game: Marrbles (Currently stopped).
Innesoft

Post by Innesoft »

serengeor wrote:Is this windows only for any big reason?
Quite a big reason actually, I'm pretty clueless about compiling for Linux/Mac OS, and don't have the test machines. Hopefully it's an option for future versions. :wink:
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

Innesoft wrote:
serengeor wrote:Is this windows only for any big reason?
Quite a big reason actually, I'm pretty clueless about compiling for Linux/Mac OS, and don't have the test machines. Hopefully it's an option for future versions. :wink:
Well if you know how to use gcc directly or code::blocks it should be trivial.
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Very interesting and good luck! :)

A question, how do you build meshes with that program?
Last edited by Mel on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
Innesoft

Post by Innesoft »

Mel wrote:A question, how do you build meshes with that program?
You can either:-
1. Start with a primitive and edit vertices
2. Subtract and carve primitives
3. Add vertices and triangles manually
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Bad news here: the program cannot be run because it says my system lacks the "MSVCRT100.dll" file

I have downloaded the demo.

Is it compiled using the visual studio express 2010? It seems the kind of fail that appears when the executable is built without the manifest included or something the like. But i can't point to that for sure.
Add vertices and faces manualy
Add, at least, a function to duplicate sets of vertices, or sets of faces and move them on their own, or building a model vertex by vertex can be a titanic task...

Also, i don't know if it is already included or not, but a primitive that can be very interesting is a heightfield primitive, besides a tool that can edit sets of vertices smoothly, that is, a tool in which you select a vertex, and the surrounding vertices are also affected, but the effect of the edition is softened with the distance.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
Adler1337

Post by Adler1337 »

Impressive :D
multum in parvo
Innesoft

Post by Innesoft »

Mel wrote:Bad news here: the program cannot be run because it says my system lacks the "MSVCRT100.dll" file

I have downloaded the demo.

Is it compiled using the visual studio express 2010? It seems the kind of fail that appears when the executable is built without the manifest included or something the like. But i can't point to that for sure.
Add vertices and faces manualy
Add, at least, a function to duplicate sets of vertices, or sets of faces and move them on their own, or building a model vertex by vertex can be a titanic task...

Also, i don't know if it is already included or not, but a primitive that can be very interesting is a heightfield primitive, besides a tool that can edit sets of vertices smoothly, that is, a tool in which you select a vertex, and the surrounding vertices are also affected, but the effect of the edition is softened with the distance.
>the program cannot be run because it says my system lacks the "MSVCRT100.dll" file
The MSVCRT100.dll missing error can be fixed by installing the Microsoft® Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (4.8mb)

>Add, at least, a function to duplicate sets of vertices, or sets of faces and move them on their own, or building a model vertex by vertex can be a titanic task
Yep, this is included for completeness. To main way is to start with a segmented cube (or other primitive), which can be deformed at a vertex level. Manually adding each vertex is just an additional feature, not the way it's usually done.

>i don't know if it is already included or not, but a primitive that can be very interesting is a heightfield primitive
Will look into it

>a tool that can edit sets of vertices smoothly, that is, a tool in which you select a vertex, and the surrounding vertices are also affected, but the effect of the edition is softened with the distance
That's a great idea. Will add to the todo list.
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

Great tool. :D
Bought my copy, now I can make sure my meshes work right with Irrlicht.

Would greatly appreciate it if you did look into those features mentioned above, they're quite standard features for many modelling tools.
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

You could remove those msvc dependencies by using code::blocks, or some other tool that uses gcc. Then, you could also probably build it for linux, as long as you don't have much windows specific code.

Or you could use earlier version of msvc, as this would make it require older run times which most of people have installed already.
Innesoft

Post by Innesoft »

ACE247 wrote:Would greatly appreciate it if you did look into those features mentioned above, they're quite standard features for many modelling tools.
Yep, all feature requests are being taken on board, so feel free to suggest anything you need.
You could remove those msvc dependencies by using code::blocks, or some other tool that uses gcc. Then, you could also probably build it for linux, as long as you don't have much windows specific code.

Or you could use earlier version of msvc, as this would make it require older run times which most of people have installed already.
I'll look into this. The msvc dependency has been quite a headache for a lot of people. A linux version would be great, and it's not out of the question - but I would probably have to partner with a linux guru for testing etc.. I'm very much a windows man.
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

Innesoft wrote:I'll look into this. The msvc dependency has been quite a headache for a lot of people. A linux version would be great, and it's not out of the question - but I would probably have to partner with a linux guru for testing etc.. I'm very much a windows man.
You don't have to be linux guru to do something like this. You would just need to install some user friendly distro of linux(for me it turned out to be 'Ubuntu'), grab some easy to use IDE(Code::Blocks maybe?), and it should be fairly easy, there is tutorial on how to compile irrlicht under linux with code::blocks I think, and it's quite the same as compiling it under windows with Code::Blocks, you just need to install some open gl libs first, but that should be easy too.
Good luck with this tool, it's really nice to see something like this made with irrlicht :)
Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

Wow, this looks very impressive, never though anyone here would pull it off to write a mesh editor using irrlicht
Great job! ;)
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

I'm going to be buying a license soon too. It looks awesome! great work.
That would be illogical captain...

My first full game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/3DModel ... tor#tipjar