started working on my new testlevel! some wip

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
afecelis
Admin

started working on my new testlevel! some wip

Post by afecelis »

Hi guys!

After studying some more on lights and digging deeper into using Zdimitor's tools I started working on my new 3d level. The results are getting better everytime, and what makes me the happiest is that now I can create my levels fully in 3dsmax. Irrlicht loads any kind of geometry painlessly!! I won't deny I miss the Quake3 mapping days, but 3dsmax is my native tool, so now the only limit is my imagination!!!!

Since there's no WIP section in this forum I decided to post my screenshot here. As usual, your feedbackis very valuable!
:D :D

Last edited by afecelis on Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Hellcat

Post by The Hellcat »

Wow, looking awesome!!!

What kinda export format do you use?

Love the lighting!

:D
HTML/CSS/Javascript/ASP/PHP/SQL/XML/QBasic
Next Up: C++
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

I use Zdimitor's *.my3d exporter he wrote for Irrlicht. It works perfectly with 3dsmax render-to-texture feature.

find some info and the exporter here:
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... &start=210

thnx for the comments :D
nitroman

Post by nitroman »

does the .my3d exporter would work also on Gmax?
etcaptor

Post by etcaptor »

No, gmax/Max 4.2 light ;-)/ comes without renderer. You cannot use render to texture technique. Even Max 4.2 has not this option in renderer. Only Max 5, 6 works with that.
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

haven't tried it yet with Gmax, but it would be pointless since what u need the format for is to read the lightmapping info when rendering to texture, and since gmax doesnt support render (internally)....
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Nice lighting thats the prettiest Irrlicht map I've seen yet.

I believe you ment INvaluable. priceless would also have been a good choice... reguardless keep up the good work!
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

oooops!!!! :oops:

sorry, u guys know that what I mean is that your help is very much appreciated. Gotta work harder on my synonyms :D :D :D :D

thnx for the correction and comment Midnight
Michele

3ds Level

Post by Michele »

Afecelis,

Do you use any specific plugins inside studio max to design the level, or is all that work done with the base program. Also, the lighting seems really good. aRe you using some baked in lighting here, or is this all real time.
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

@Michele: as I mentioned above, I'm using Zdimitor's "My3d" exporter for 3dsmax, and the level is created using Max5's render-to-texture feature. *.My3d exporter grabs the lightmapping info into the exported mesh and then you use Zdimitor's loader for Irrlicht.

so brief answer would be: specific plugins=yes, My3d format; base program=3dsmax5; baked lighting=yes, render to texture.

:D
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

yup, your hyper-realistic opinion, lol!!! :D

thnx for all those comments. I'm aware of that, but this was only a test level. If it ever becomes a tech demo or a test map, I know I'll have to tweak all those things.

many thnx!!!
Last edited by afecelis on Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.